Exige S2 Prices?????

Blimey, S2 prices are dropping below 23k.

There is a gorgeous red one with AC and Stage 2 exhaust has to be a bargin at only �22,999 ONO on Autotrader/Pistonheads at the minute…or nearest offer, bloody Nora!

Before you ask, no I dont know the owner just thought youd be interested in the low price!

Do you work for the Daily Mail by any chance?

Bob,

Ive modified the title just for you!

is it this one??

MLOC Link

is it this one??

MLOC Link >

Yep, thats the one!

Bloody hell, 17k depreciation over 20 months!

That on par with my 16k over 24 months on a used Range Rover!

That’s quite a hit…

S1’s are where the smart money’s at!

Cost say �32k, Selling for �23k, so how the hell is that �17k depreciation?

Also, 3 drivers side windows?

Maybe he lived in Liverpool!

Assuming he paid �32k then the �17k depreciation is not hyperbolic then he sold it for �15k - just where was that advertised…I’m sure he would have had a queue of people at his door for that money.

FWIW, I was offered 22.5K for a 07/04 111R against an April delivery Exige S, meaning about 16.5K to swap for a similarly specc’d car (touring, air con etc).

Tim.

FWIW, I was offered 22.5K for a 07/04 111R against an April delivery Exige S, meaning about 16.5K to swap for a similarly specc’d car (touring, air con etc).

Tim.

Tim if you paid �30k (I’m guessing) for your car then that’s �7.5k depreciation over 19 months - is that what you are saying?

Why can’t anyone do their maths on here?

Steve, nope, not quite

I ‘ticked every box’ on specc’ing the 111R (eg H’top, touring, air con, metallic), which came to �34.5K

The Exige S basic price is actually �35K on the road. So if you add touring (or performance), metallic paint & air con you’ll be looking at about �39K, which in my case would mean 39-22.5= er…16.5K. Gulp.

Needless to say with that little lot I won’t be bothering. I was informed that the next years depreciation would only be another �2K. So best not change a Lotus for at least 3 years, maybe 5 if at all.

Tim.

OK I think I got it now…

you paid �34.5k for your car so then that’s �12k depreciation over 19 months - that’s alot but still way off the �17k the other guy is stating.

I reckon my S1 has only depreciated that much over 5 years!, ie initial cost �32k, �2k cashback from Lotus (cars weren’t selling but oddly I had already bought at the higher price!) minus �12k = �18k current value.

Is is possible that an S1 - now between 4-5 years old - and in reasonable condition has actually stopped depreciating?

Hopefully, your car does not have that much further to go!

A final thought - its been said before that the optional extras depreciate faster than the base car, I just wonder what a base car bought at the same time as yours, would be worth now?

A final thought - its been said before that the optional extras depreciate faster than the base car, I just wonder what a base car bought at the same time as yours, would be worth now?

A good point…which I cant answer A base car in 04 would have been �28.5 OTR. Probably worth �1K less than mine now. It’s the old addage that extras mean more to the seller than the buyer, especially if it’s a dealer.

Extras help with the speed of a sale more than the value IMHO.

Tim.

Here is another cheap one!!!
More touring pack ball though!

Used cars for sale - PistonHeads UK >

Why oh why oh why would you want to buy an Exige with a Touring pack???

Go and buy a BMW Z4 if its comfort youre after!!!

Agree, touring pack sucks!

Used cars for sale - PistonHeads UK >

Why oh why oh why would you want to buy an Exige with a Touring pack???

Go and buy a BMW Z4 if its comfort youre after!!!

This chap has just ordered an s2’s, so is probabaly looking for a quick sale to better his offere from the dealer.

Also nothing wrong with a touring pack a/c is I’ told a must have .I believe the later s2’s come with 2 oil coolers.Not as if the touring pack gives you full blown ice install and cup hoders.

Steve