Exige S - Sports Exhaust NOW AVAILABLE!

Mines a 2bular too Boothy… I like ! Not Boomy and seeing my ECu printout it dosent apear to lose any power. Though apparently there is now an official sports exhaust for the S?

Yes the official one is the new stage 2, I think its looking like a 2bular one then.
Russ I wont be fitting any induction other than maybe a new panel as again they seem to make the car run lean from what I read with no power gain but If its looking like 100db static I am guessing the stage 2 is out of the question anyway?

Boothy

Only a guess Mate but it seems strange that you can drive louder on the road than you can off it…but the powers that be are probably looking to snuff that one out as well.

Just reading Elise talk and they are saying the new stage 2 is quieter than the old one but they are not quoting how loud it is.

There seems to be loads of talk about stage 1, 2 etc but as I understand it there is;

N/A Exige - Stage 1 or 2 which deliver different levels of noise compared to standard.

Lotus don’t recommend N/A exhausts (particularly Stage 2) on an S.

Exige S - (new) Sports Exhaust (Neither called a Stage 1 or 2)louder than stndard.

None deliver anymore power/performance until you can reprogram the ECU.

Have I got something wrong here?

There seems to be loads of talk about stage 1, 2 etc but as I understand it there is;

N/A Exige - Stage 1 or 2 which deliver different levels of noise compared to standard.

Lotus don’t recommend N/A exhausts (particularly Stage 2) on an S.

Exige S - (new) Sports Exhaust (Neither called a Stage 1 or 2)louder than stndard.

None deliver anymore power/performance until you can reprogram the ECU.

Have I got something wrong here?

No, this is how I understand it to be too.
Ive been getting confused about all this talk of new stage 2’s etc etc

I was told it was called a stage 2 and had seen it called a stage 2 on various forums but you guys could be correct as bell and colvill’s website just calls it a sports exhaust for the exige S.

cheers

Boothy

Now I’m really confused!! I’m just about to get a stage 1 exhaust fitted to my S Are they trying to sell me something that’s not recommended?

Yes, they recommend that you don’t. However I bought my S new last Sept and have had a stage 1 on it from new (dealer fitted it). I haven’t had any problems what so ever but am thinking of changing to the proper S exhaust as the sound on the stage 1 is not what I was expecting compared to the stage 2 I had on a 111R.

Have been watching this post with great interest and have finally decided to go for the new sports exhaust. Fitting day 30th August after the bedford LOT day.
Hope its worth the cash!

Has anyone been able to order an Exige S with the sports exhaust factory fitted?

just had mine fitted today ,thought sod it and went for it.
its really loud sounds amazing and the burble ahhhh ! it great!

Christopher Neils fitted mine yesterday…havent stopped grinning yet. This is what the car should have sounded like from new. Loud when you want it and comfortable on the motorway and as for the burble when decelarating…Cant stop off for another spin.

its basically a compulsary upgrade. The sound of the Exige S fresh out of the factory is shockingly bad.