Exige S Gotham question

Hi all, I had this ECU mod done on my last Exige a few years back, from Wayne at Sinclaire.

Back then it was injectors and ECU swap.

Just wondering what the score is now with the upgrade?

I’ve seen on the Gotham site they don’t bother with the injectors for the 25 bhp upgrade, just the ECU. I always thought this should be the case as I was surprised if it pushed the standard injectors past their duty limit…

Sinclaire still require the injector swap speaking to them today.

So who’s right?!

Other problem of course is I’d rather send my ECU to to the UK rather than Gotham in the US, but the US option is MASSIVELY cheaper and doesn’t need injectors.

Any other options?

Thanks!

US car’s have larger injectors fitted as standard so they do not require upgrading, UK cars will.

Welcome back btw

Boothy

MarkyB’s back in the fold :slight_smile: :sunglasses:

Interesting, thanks Boothy. Are Sinclair the best bet for a 25 bhp hike then? That’s all I want really. Sounded very expensive, like just over �1k!

Jonny, its good to be back!

Will get pics up when I get the car :slight_smile:

What is your car a 220S ?

So many options but all will be ~�1k or so, no matter what you do to a 220hp car you will need new injectors as they are close to duty cycle on the 220hp package. Best go to 550cc injectors now to save having to buy again later :wink:
I do have laying around a set of 440cc injectors you could buy off me :wink:

Also don’t forget the fuel pump it won’t be up to much more than 250hp either if it is a bit old, been there done that :frowning:

^^^^^^ What Ade said.

You might be happy with 25BHP now but you soon get used to it.

Best go for bigger injectors and pump now if you can.

Ex77

Co-ordsport in Tipton do 550cc injectors which are a direct fit ,same plug etc…
I believe they also do a higher volume pump too,although I already had a larger pump on mine.

Still have the standard pump on my car with 240S type injectors and well over 250hp

You’ll be fine with the stock pump but you will need a set of upgraded injectors, Essex are the only tuners that can reflash/tune the standard ECU in the UK…

me too…had Gotham for over 4 years now

The pumps do vary quite a lot and do lose some ability with age, just be wary of this and you will be ok, mine gave up at about 270hp and was starting to go lean at the top end, new bigger pump and the issue goes away. Just trying to make you aware of the things that happen, been there had most of the failures first…

If in doubt about your pump ,fit an afr gauge to keep an eye on things ?

not a bad choice, but for the cost of the AFR meter I would fit a pump!

Both fitted :wink:

Agreed , its on my to do list but I will fit a swirl pot with a pump in it a leave the old one as it is .

again a very good solution :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the info.

Just stumped up �1200 from Sinclaire for the Gotham. My offer of repeat buyer discount failed :smiley:

Still, at least you don’t have to solder on injectors anymore…

25 bhp here I come!

[quote=MarkyB]Thanks for all the info.

Just stumped up �1200 from Sinclaire for the Gotham. My offer of repeat buyer discount failed :smiley:

Still, at least you don’t have to solder on injectors anymore…

25 bhp here I come! [/quote]

Seems like a bargin for 25bhp more :smiley: