Exige S + Cup + 240R differences ?

It might already be inside various posts on here… but I’ve kinda lost the plot on all this…

Could someone ‘in the know’ make a simple list of the differences between these recent exige variants for me… please

TIA

Could someone ‘in the know’ make a simple list of the differences between these recent exige variants for me… please

Why?

After today at Anglesey, I can’t see the point in an existing Exige owner (either S1 or S2), considering an Exige S However, I’m sure that the 240 Cup & R cars are a different kettle of fish.

Exige S
Sc = 220hp
Coloured body work and funny zaust plus roof scoop
Other than that standard have to add packs like base Exige

Exige Cup
Done by Lotus Motor sport adds plumbed in extinguisher and roll cage electric cut off plus Ohlins
Basically they are for racing

Exige Cup 240
Sc = 240hp
Comes in road and track version
Track version is like the Cup above but with SC and LSD
Road version has some creature comforts but less spec than the 240R except for the LSD

Exige 240R
Sc = 240hp
Ohlins, lots of leather, stage 1 zaust, fancy light wheels which are wider at the front for slicks if required

Cup’s and 240R also has an accusump system, all come with sports seats and harnesses, 240R has elecy windows and remote locking

Dont all Exiges have remote locking?

ta much Jamie… you know when I posted this question up, I almost addressed it to you… ‘cause i had a feeling you’d know cool, you forgot the accusump tho’ so you’ll need to brush up a bit

thanks to south240r for picking that ommission up…

oh and Pesky… do you fear i’m gonna trade across … heh heh…

nah, it just bugged me that i didn’t know…

tanah, it just bugged me that i didn’t know…

well I’m glad I wasn’t the only one then…I suspect that there are a fair few of us out there…

[After today at Anglesey, I can’t see the point in an existing Exige owner (either S1 or S2), considering an Exige S

Pesky - is there a story there?

Yeah, dish!

Dont all Exiges have remote locking?

Certainly not!

What are the price differences? If anybody knows them (approx.) off the top of their head.

Ian

Cup 240 43-47K
Bog standard S 34K more like 38-40k by the time you add a pack or two
240R 37k nearly new

Whisles.

That makes an S about �5k more than a S1 in 2001. Whilst a 15% rise doesn’t seem that much in 5 years, I thought car prices had stablised. But if they can sell’em for that, I guess it helps keep them alive. Seems like alot for a pocket rocket.

Ian

Whisles.

That makes an S about �5k more than a S1 in 2001. Whilst a 15% rise doesn’t seem that much in 5 years, I thought car prices had stablised. But if they can sell’em for that, I guess it helps keep them alive. Seems like alot for a pocket rocket.

Ian

Yes, but the product is of such higher quality and design …

In a nutshell, & on track, the Exige S driven by a factory driver was not quick enough to gain an inch on a well driven standard S2 on treadbare 48s (Russ plus passenger), or an averagely driven S1 with a bog standard n/a Honda engine (me). In fact, I was consistently quicker than the S all day, & each time I caught him, he dived into the pits, so I didn’t actually overtake him. Fair enough, I definately had more “chav” downforce than him

On the open road, I have no doubt whatsover that the S would be a far more comfortable place to be, & it would very probably be quicker from A to B. However, most S1 owners have their cars for “track fun”, & on track performance is “key”. It would cost them at least �15K to swap to an S. For that sort of money, you could install a s/c Honda (280 - 300bhp plus), fit Nitrons/Ohlins etc etc.

In terms of real world performance, the S2 is more than adequate for the road, therefore little point for existing S2 owners in blowing �10K by upgrading to an S. For the more track orientated existing S2 owner, one of the “240” models must be a better bet, & better value for money.

However, what about those peeps looking to become an Exige owner, with predominantly road use in mind, but also occasional trackdays? Well, I think the S would be an excellent choice. For those looking for an Exige, with lots of track use in mind, then one of “240” models would be the one to go for.

Personally, I would always go for the S1, then s/c Honda it. But, I don’t expect a lot of peeps to agree with me on that - that’s perfectly fair enough - car choice for us enthusiasts is an “emotional” thing, & sometimes logic/rationale goes right out of the window

Sorry for rambling on, I’m still on a bit of a high after driving EvoSal’s wonderful car today

So we all will be passing Gav on the 29th then

So we all will be passing Gav on the 29th then

Don’t be silly - he’ll dive into the pits

[quoteBut, I don’t expect a lot of peeps to agree with me on that [/quote]

No arguments here…nicely explained.

Whisles.

Ian

Yes, but the product is of such higher quality and design …

But, for example, the new Honda Civic is vastly better than the old one and there’s no 15% uplift on that (unless I’m very much mistaken). Same with the new Focus and the ST version of that will whip the old RS version around the 'Ring with much less power.

Ian

On the open road, I have no doubt whatsover that the S would be a far more comfortable place to be, & it would very probably be quicker from A to B. However, most S1 owners have their cars for “track fun”, & on track performance is “key”. It would cost them at least �15K to swap to an S. For that sort of money, you could install a s/c Honda (280 - 300bhp plus), fit Nitrons/Ohlins etc etc.

In terms of real world performance, the S2 is more than adequate for the road, therefore little point for existing S2 owners in blowing �10K by upgrading to an S.

They have one available at formula 1 in Newcastle at the minute, asking 40k for it!! Not for me thankyou…

I agree with you though, I would think it a much better car on the road in the way that it delivers its power, then again I also think that of the 240…although saying that, the N/a can at times be a pita both on and off track a. trying to get it on cam and b. it dropping off cam…Having come from a line of ‘modern’ forced induction cars, I can see the attraction and know the benefits of such, butd tbh Im totally happy with the standard n/a unit even with all its little quirks.

As and when the time comes, and if I can find someone crazy enough to do it for me, then maybe I can hire the A Team, sorry I mean the yota moto will be replaced with a na 3.2 v6 out of a golf r32 or the like, if I can fit dsg box in there even better

Sorry for rambling on, I’m still on a bit of a high after driving EvoSal’s wonderful car today

Salivate to your hearts content Pesky…

Think that was what Plans was working on- V6 - sent a news letter out about it.

Have to agree with you about the 2nd cam - to keep it on the boil between 2nd and third requires a perfect shift on the rev limiter! Something worth
contemplating on track but on road hmmm not exactly usable.

280RR is kicking out 170 wheel pound feet of torque at 2800 rpm cant wait!

Think that was what Plans was working on- V6 - sent a news letter out about it.

I’ve thought about this for ages ever since I heard about the audi conversions.I naturally presumed they would already offer the 3.2 but no so. From what I know they are a similar weight and it obviously fits into an equally sized space as the 1.8 does.

Will be intersting to hear any developments along these lines.