Exige S + Cup + 240R differences ?

jsut in case you missed it see here (click-clicky)

Exige S
Sc = 220hp
Coloured body work and funny zaust plus roof scoop
Other than that standard have to add packs like base Exige
Very nice road car with all the comforts, abit to easy to drive for my taste. >

Exige Cup
Done by Lotus Motor sport adds plumbed in extinguisher and roll cage electric cut off plus Ohlins > Plus adjustable anti roll bar, uprated brakes, acusump, twin oil coolers, TCS & LSD
Basically they are for racing

Exige Cup 240
Sc = 240hp
Comes in road and track version
Track version is like the Cup above but with SC and LSD
Road version has some creature comforts but less spec than the 240R except for the LSD. > The road version has a/c instead of the fire & electrical cut off, also a crappy stereo. It does have the LSD, TCS, acusump and all the other bits in common with the track version. Stage 1 exhaust as standard, and all Cup cars have 4 point seat belts. As with all new cars the 06MY comes with the probax seats and new padel box that greatly improves the brake feel.

Exige 240R
Sc = 240hp
Ohlins, lots of leather, stage 1 zaust, fancy light wheels which are wider at the front for slicks if required > 05MY only so you don’t get the benifits of the 06MY enhancements. No LSD, but a more comfortable road car then the Cup 240 (apart from the brakes feel) >

Quote:

Well it�s not officially due for release until the middle of 2006 but expect to pay from around �50k for a turn key example. However it will be possible for current VX220 owners to hand over their car keys to Plans Motorsport who will turn into this awesome piece of kit from �20k. Even the S2 Elise boys can be catered for and will still retain the Lotus shape�
The car is wider and longer which meant the design team had to construct brand new front and rear clam-shells to fit onto the new layout.

Seems like some major redesigning for the VX for it to fit, and the prices are FROM 20k…although it would be intesting to know what it is they have actually done to make it ‘longer’ and ‘wider’. :clothesline:

They have one available at formula 1 in Newcastle at the minute, asking 40k for it!! Not for me thankyou…

Lotus Exige 240 Cup. supercharged. on ebay buy it now price: �39,000.00

Having been at Anglesey on Sat & not getting round to a pax lap or two in the ‘S’ I can add that…

1. The factory driver was only giving demos of 7-8 laps each time, maybe less with Pesky et all on his tail

2. The factory driver (Simon…?) was obviously faster (than my 111R) through the bends, but I had to be very curteous down the straight for him to get by (& i was two up all day). Can’t say I was impressed

Prob a different story on the road though.

Tim.

Having been at Anglesey on Sat & not getting round to a pax lap or two in the ‘S’ I can add that…

1. The factory driver was only giving demos of 7-8 laps each time, maybe less with Pesky et all on his tail

2. The factory driver (Simon…?) was obviously faster (than my 111R) through the bends, but I had to be > very > curteous down the straight for him to get by (& i was two up all day). Can’t say I was impressed

Prob a different story on the road though.

Tim.

To be honest Anglesey is not the best circuit to demonstrate the difference between the S and other Elise variants, it’s just not big enough to get full use of the power. I’ve been there a few times and seen standard 8 year old Elise’s, in the right hands, show a clean pair of heals to far more powerful cars Honda conversions included.

Donnington would be a different matter.

The factory driver (Simon…?) was obviously faster (than my 111R) through the bends, but I had to be > very > curteous down the straight for him to get by (& i was two up all day). Can’t say I was impressed

maybe he works in the accounts department during the week

The factory driver (Simon…?) was obviously faster (than my 111R) through the bends, but I had to be > very > curteous down the straight for him to get by (& i was two up all day). Can’t say I was impressed

maybe he works in the accounts department during the week

If thats the case he’s gonna be busy crunching some new numbers on the sales projections

Maybe best to wait until Donny

Tim.

Donnington will be a fun day…

Provided my car is ready, of course…

simondann111s

thanks for adding more detail and facts to the differences.

cheers mate

To be honest Anglesey is not the best circuit to demonstrate the difference between the S and other Elise variants, it’s just not big enough to get full use of the power.

Anglesey has plenty of corners to negotiate, & to accelerate out of, so ultimate power is not the issue

simondann111s

thanks for adding more detail and facts to the differences.

cheers mate

VARY confusing specs for the Cup 240 car. I had trhee different versions prior to delivery, and still wasn’t 100% sure what I’d end up with…

I’ve just been looking at Autotrader and there are at least 3 S2 exiges on there which are listed as Exige S Coupe or Exige S Roadster… they are clearly NOT Exige S 's … thanks to this handy wee thread here I was able to catch them out by virtue of a distinct absence in colour coded bits in the pictures… also one of them is a 2004 car… !!

Be careful out there…

simondann111s wrote:

Exige Cup 240
Sc = 240hp
Road version has some creature comforts but less spec than the 240R except for the LSD. > The road version has a/c instead of the fire & electrical cut off, also a crappy stereo. It does have the LSD, TCS, acusump and all the other bits in common with the track version. Stage 1 exhaust as standard, and all Cup cars have 4 point seat belts. As with all new cars the 06MY comes with the probax seats and new padel box that greatly improves the brake feel.

Are you sure this has the DBW? My lotusdealer might be able to source the 240 SC, but word is that enginemanagement can only be provided for the 2005 spec. So no DBW.

A check might be to see if the TC actually works. This MY 2006 specific. Have you ever expirienced TC to come in.

Nico

simondann111s wrote:

Exige Cup 240
Sc = 240hp

Are you sure this has the DBW? My lotusdealer might be able to source the 240 SC, but word is that enginemanagement can only be provided for the 2005 spec. So no DBW.

A check might be to see if the TC actually works. This MY 2006 specific. Have you ever expirienced TC to come in.

Nico

Sorry you lost me…DBW??

Yes the traction control works, and is with doubt the best system I’ve experienced. Not intusive, you hardly feel it working, just the tell tail light draws you attention to it. You can still prevoke a power slide as it works on a 80% principle apparantly, but it won’t let you deliberatly spin through too much throttle. I’ve not felt the need to turn it off yet even on track.
The LSD takes some getting used to. As it delivers the power to both wheels itfeels like it’s trying to pull the car striaght with the power to the insode wheel. Un nerving at first, but great when you get used to it.

The issues with the 06MY engine management are more to do with the new electronic throttle then the TCS. My car was 2 months late as Lotus had not finalised the map. If your buying an afer market SC, then I’d be surprised if Lotus would issue the map anyway.

DBW = Drive By Wire. But looking at how you describe TCS, I am sure we mean the same. TCS is the reason when AFAIK there are no SC systems for the 2006 models out yet.

I was told that there was no mapping for the 2006 models. But you’re answer, means I can investigate further.

Nico
ps any chance you have a partsnumber???

DBW = Drive By Wire. But looking at how you describe TCS, I am sure we mean the same. TCS is the reason when AFAIK there are no SC systems for the 2006 models out yet.

I was told that there was no mapping for the 2006 models. But you’re answer, means I can investigate further.

Nico
ps any chance you have a partsnumber???

My car is a 06MY with the electronic throttle, it definatly has a supercharge…

TCS = Traction Control System, it works by reducing the fuel available to the engine (I think just the 5th injector), unlike most other systems that rely on the brakes or ingnition system.
There are no official Sc upgrades for any of the Lotus models, and Lotus have said that they will not be offering one either.

The traction control only works as is only available with DRW, it interupts individual injector in sequence and stops the 5th injector completely whilst it’s operating. It gives a smooth but significant reduction in power available from the engine and can be matched to the level of slip. A system I’ve only come across on full race cars before.

I drove one of the fed exiges with tcs on in March at Cal speedway. As you say, it is very subtle in its operation. I would have liked to turn it of completely, but it wasn’t my car and tbh it wasnt a major issue. You could easily drive around it with smoother application of the pedals.

…and Lotus have said that they will not be offering one either.

They say that a lot, about a lot of things.