Exige pre season updates, Does modifying ever stop??

i’m confused

on your website, the 1.4G are indicated at 5.9 kgs / 8.2 kgs
and the 240R 5.9 kgs / 8.0 kgs

:question:

Weights vary with each batch and the weights on the website where done quite a while ago (and not checked for accuracy)They have now been checked and changed ( Approx. also added)
The weights on this post are for one of each wheel for the ones I have here. Also the weights are only from a set of household scales that weigh to 0.1 kilo
To give accurate weights a proper set of scales that measure in grams should be used

Somebody keeps using my credit card!!!
These just turn up :smiley:

So another 4kgs saved… :nerd:

My FEV gas saved 4.5kg over an Lifeline 2000 foam, good price and nice folk too.

More tasty bits arriving daily!!
This flywheel takes a standard size clutch but only weighs 4.0 kgs

i have the same FW

TBH, i didn’t notice any difference

You probably don’t have a sequential gear box with flat shift!!
When we data log engine revs you can see 'ringing ’ at the change piont a lighter flywheel definitely helps!!!

i don’t :slight_smile: must be nice to drive with the sequential GB

do you have pics of the new wheels fitted on the car?

Hmmmmmm
Anglesey is only 13 days away and I’m still busy with the car!!!
Got the roll cage fitted along with the new bulkhead today with the help of Mr Pearman (Thanks a lot Tony)
I also took Gav’s advice on board and had the new bulkhead painted silver, I think it was the right thing to do
Here are a couple of piccies from this afternoon

As you can see I still have a few little jobs to do before a week Friday!!
Engine is ready to go back in
Brakes are all updated and finished
New wheels and tyres are assembled, balanced and fitted
Nitron 3 ways are back from a service and re-valve, these are also back on the car (Had to wait until the cage was fitted as the top rear mounts now also go through the roll cage mounting)
Once the engines in (and working) its really just bodywork refit, add some harnesses, geo, ride heights, corner weights and we are about ready
See you all in 2015…

Looking good.

Don’t think much of your cellulose composite chassis stiffeners though! :wink:

Great stuff Dave :sunglasses:

That Mr Pearman is a superstar helperouter too - speakimg from my own experience of his invaluable help on a few occasions :thumbup:

Like that Dave, it’s a job I’m going to leave someone else to defiantly do.

Yes totally agree!!!
I had someone do the first half for me, BUT he got a job before the second half was completed, I know why now… :smiley:

Slowly getting there!!
Went from this

Too this today

All bleed up and up to full temperature from cold three times ( fan cut in and out ) Still lots to do but hoping to be finished for this weekend…

No more barrel chargecooler. Pleased to see you practise what you preach. Those Proalloys are great. Mine was only 8degrees above ambient on the rollers at full beans

Is it going to be ready?

Looking very likely!
Jobs to do are:-
Secure engine ECU
Fit pass seat
Fit roof
Adjust pass door catch
Steering wheel to get sorted (removable)
Under tray and rear defuser need to be fitted
then just the ride heights geo and corner weights to sort
Good bolt check and road test

pax seat, fittings and door last!!

they wont stop you from driving!

Yes…
Tracking to check in the morning and I think im ready!
Had it on the scales today and I was very surprised… With 40 litres of fuel it comes in at 851 kgs
Take off 21 kgs for 30 litres of fuel and its at about 830kgs with the fuel light off, Not as light as GavT3 but I think pretty good for a Supercharged ,charge cooled S2

might have to get mine weighed again, it has not been done for a while and I’ve only removed bits lately :wink: