Exige pre season updates, Does modifying ever stop??

Car was like this in the morning

I lost 10p somewhere so decided to look for it
5 hours later the car looked like this!!!

You’re from Yorkshire then :unamused:

:wink:

Dave it’s on top of the dash :unamused:

Did you find it?

Dave tell me about your bulkhead and roll bar, how were they fixed?

What are you upto Dave, some more modding going on or making it into an S2 340R :laughing:

As per normal.
Rollbar bolted to chassis, the bulkhead was glue with black stuff (Sikaflex type glue) to the chassis and rollbar

Hahahaha we joked today about it being an S2 340R!!

Quite a big list of jobs but basically the list starts as

Install rollcage
Change to a 50mm rad and replace the two cooling fans with one
Remove front oil coolers and pipework
Install biggest possible laminova
Remove heater and all associated pipework etc
Install an electric screen/heater blower
Replace side windows with perspex
Whilst we do all of this the 3 way nitrons will be going back to Nitron for a service, They have only done about 500 miles but they are almost 2.5 years old.
So a service wont do them any harm, Also Nitron have been doing some valving testing and have some updates that should make them even better.
Fit some 315mm front discs
Pop the 305,s from the front onto the rear and install some 2 pot rear calipers

The over plan is to make the car a little safer, a bit lighter, plus some other little tweeks
Eventually a proper rear wing will grace the car along with a bigger front splitter, but these will be later in the year (after Anglesey)

That came out quick. Much like you I’d like to make the car safer fairly soon.

Stop driving it then

oh yes safety is the first job (and most difficult as you can see)
Car is not slow and handles really nicely, I just think if I ever do have an accident it could be big, so cage , proper seats and 6 point belts are all going in

Like it :slight_smile:

So we have now started to put thing back on the car at last.
All the oil cooler system has been removed inc the thermostatic take off plate and replace by this little lot,

The laminova heat exchanger is the biggest that will fit in the space available!!!

This is what it all looks like in the tight space

The smaller one is for the gearbox, We have replaced the 45mm Main coooing rad with a triple pass 50mm rad

In my quest to reduce the cars mass I started looking at wheel weights
240R wheels are 6.1 kgs front and 8.0 kgs rear
1.4g wheels are 5.8 kgs front and 8.0 kgs rear

The wheels pictured are and amazing 5.5 kgs front and 7.0 kgs rear. 3.2kgs less than the 240R rims that are currently on the car.
As the engineers amongst us know rotational unstrung mass is the best weight to remove!!!

There will be a set going onto the car

Seriously Cool Seriously Dave :slight_smile:

agreed!

:clap: :clap:

And seriously light!!
I keep going back and putting them on the scales!! I can’t believe how light they are.

Or you could just stick a broom handle between two of them and do a ‘strong man’ lifting them up to all passers by (dont forget the leotard and false stick on moustache)

:mrgreen: Volks baby 5.2kg & 7kg