NEVER used on a track

Ring if any Questions,

Ed- 07880796140
[email protected]
msn- [email protected]

Whereabouts are you?

I am in reading, berkshire mate.

NEVER used on a track

THIS thread rather defeats the point you’re trying to make. In particular This Clip will really help you sell your car.

Interesting that the link to the video doesn’t work now

Is it anything like the MR2 one in the car park ?

Phil

I can’t be arsed downloading a vid of an MR2, but if it’s being ragged on the rev limiter, doughnutted, in the dark, on either a road or in a car park, whilst being cheered on by a bunch of Chavs, then it sounds very similar to the vid of the Exige

Thought as much

THIS > thread rather defeats the point you’re trying to make. In particular > This Clip > will really help you sell your car.

Oooops, busted!

What I don’t understand is why put it proudly in the Owner’s cars section and then want to sell it?

BHecause i posted it there by mistake!

People think badly of the way some people drive there cars, my car is ALWAYS checked over by a lotus garage, NOTHING has ever gone wrong since i have owned it, it has ALWAYS been maintaned to the highest of standards and several lotus garages have said it is one of the best examples of an exige they have seen, this i tell you is the truth.
I do not see why video clip of the exige being driven around in a car park haunts me so much! that was for 2 possibly 5 minutes out of the 6 months i have owned the car, and not an example of how the car is driven all the time. Im sorry i am warbling but i feel that people are being slightly unfair towards me as they seem to think this is how the car is treated 24 hours a day 7 days a week. But it is not i can assure you! ** rant over **

my car is ALWAYS checked over by a lotus garage …several lotus garages have said it is one of the best examples of an exige they have seen

Guys, why are you getting on Speedyman’s back like this

Hethel

What is his point in stressing in the ad “NEVER used on a track”? - This is of course a rhetorical question on my part, bearing in mind the abuse shown in the vid! The other vid of him driving his Exige is also quite revealing, as are the comments on the SELOC bbs.

Exiges.com has built up an enviable reputation for an HONEST, informative, factual (& sometimes amusing) exchange of views amongst likeminded enthusiasts. I for one don’t want to see that ethos change. Part & parcel of this camaraderie means having a thick skin, a sense of humour, a grateful/humble willingness to be corrected if in the wrong, but most of all, a respect for fellow owners/potential owners.

All the above is of course purely my personal opinion, & I have tried to express it without causing any offence - that ain’t my style, & those that know me are aware that I’m not averse to a bit of two way banter/mickey taking

Obviously I accept the points you make Mr Pesky.

It just seemed to me a dangerous practice for the forum to edge towards becoming judge and jury on individual cars and/or their owners.

Hethel

We appear to agree! I was just trying to “balance up” the apparant diagonally opposed impressions, given by Speedyman, which were in the advert & the SELOC thread & accompanying vids. Cake & eating it, spring to mind. Others can then make their own minds up.

I think I need to practice my doughnuts - or at least Easter eggs, tomorrow

Well if you do practice your doughnuts, make sure that a camera isn’t running

I would hardly call it giving my car ‘abuse’!

Do you know what these cars were built for???

Do you know what these cars were built for???

No, please inform me. TIA

I only ever use mine to go down to the shops
is there another use for them
(when you get to my age)
JohnC

Isn’t it for picking up young lasses with the morals of an alley cat?