Exige Cup 255 Availability

I just read that this isn’t going to be avaialable in the UK? Can anyone confirm that?

Is there a method in Norfolk…or are they all just mad?

Don’t know about the 255, but in answer to your second question, yes they are bonkers. Lotus do consistently give the impression that they haven’t a clue how to market their own cars - just look at the Europa. And what about the will they/won’t they build if fiasco of the circuit car - crazy.

Mark

Any idea how much the 255 is ?

the 255 has not got a price as its not available.

Lotus are tossers most of the time which is a real shame.

Yes, also heard it wasn’t available for the UK market. Can’t imagine why. Anyone know if the roof is available on its own?

I spoke to Russel at Lotus Sport a couple of weeks ago, and he said that the roof was not available separately. They may release the 255 kit at some point in the future, but given the state of Lotus at the moment I don’t think that will happen soon.

Get the roof from eliseparts job done

I think this one looks good from RED MotorSport, don’t know how much it is…

[image]http://www.red-motorsport.de/assets/images/hardtop.jpg[/image]

In fact I think this is one of the best looking exiges I’ve seen, like the wing and the splitter too

[image]http://www.red-motorsport.de/assets/images/seite.jpg[/image]

Get the roof from eliseparts job done

Its not quite the same though, the eliseparts one just continues the original scoop forward, but the 255 Cup flares towards the front for a larger opening. Cosmetically I thing the 255 roof is better, although haven’t seen either in person.

That Red one looks pretty good.

The Red one looks Plue Peter - made of blue-tack and paper

look at the Honda exige at maidstone, thats the elise parts roof.

Does anyone know who made this one:

[image]http://campbellbaker.homeip.net/stuff/Photos/roof1.jpg[/image]

I know it doesn�t look as good as the 255�s one, but it�s still kinda cool…

David

That is the Maidstone Sports Car (MSC) demonstrator with SC Honda power. It started out as a boggo S2 I think and has the conversion and Exige panels. It looks like it is at Brands on the run up he hill to Druids.

The other option to get a 255 look is get the extention from EliseParts and get it molded onto current roof and respray. Believe it would cost �600 plus the roof extention

well when i was at lotus last month one of the engineers told me the 255 would be for sale but said it is real harsh for the gain and not worth the bother over the 220 S.

well when i was at lotus last month one of the engineers told me the 255 would be for sale but said it is real harsh for the gain and not worth the bother over the 220 S.

It’s not only hp that makes the difference though…

Nico

he think he was talkin bout all round performance, he did say it was not really any faster around their track - he was entirely negative about it

he think he was talkin bout all round performance, he did say it was not really any faster around their track - he was entirely negative about it

Did he also show you his P45?

LOL .

David

Did he also show you his P45?

hehehe

i think hes being promoted:)