Exige Cup 255 Availability

pissed off bout the M250 concept
they totally messed it up… its in the lotus sport compound in bits…
ive been told the main reason it never made production was a problem with getting engines to fit, i asked if i could have a go but you can guess how that converstion went!

i also reckon if you go to lotus with plenty of dough they will do the roof, im sure your all aware lotus cars is the smallest part of lotus - they design a build car for other manufacturers for instance they build parts for Aston Martin amongst others

i was also told that i can have my exige s converted by them to run on biofuels like the exige 265E

SO confusion reigned and we all got wet.!

I’d just like them to return ONE of my mails or calls. I’d pay just for that?

I have also heard 2nd hand from Lotus Sport that A 255 upgrade will be available…that is the roof, S/C, pump, airbox, and ecu.

I love the exige and outside of a factory Cayman RS with the same objectives as the 904-6/906/908 etc etc i cant find another car that has the Exige capability, bang for buck, presence, pace, tactility blah blah blah…BUT to complete the picture why oh why cant lotus develop the engineering and customer integrity that porsche has exhibited in the past (though alas less so of late)

Now those characteristics and a winning 40 year old design formula (the elise in waiting?) are what build a great company…oh and restrictive commercial and working practices, oh and state handouts, oh and consistent racing success?

and all i want is to pay for another 20bhp. How difficult can it be?

Lotus sport never ever return a call and have never answered a email from me.

When i did get Rusell on the phone and i asked him about the motor sport NA ECU he said he had never even driven a car with one fitted.

WTF is all that about?

Lotus cars would have gone the way of tvr years ago if it did not farm out there design skills to 3rd partys.

on top of that they always have full rights on A048 tyres and AP stuff etc just to screw us all over on prices 200% more expensive.

If the track day market falls on its head because of green/noise limits Lotus will go under as i for one only have one for a track car which can be used as a road car, But if a road car was all i needed I would not be in a Lotus thats for sure.

Its a shame because they could be so great with the right man in charge.

Does anyone know who made this one:

[image]> http://campbellbaker.homeip.net/stuff/Photos/roof1.jpg> [/image]

I know it doesn�t look as good as the 255�s one, but it�s still kinda cool…

David

it’s made from carbon fiber