Exige Cup 240

Stratton phoned today to say that Lotus have just sent them an email anouncing a new limited run of Exige cars.
It’s called an Exige Cup 240 and like the 240R there will be 50 cars built and there will be a track version as well.
The spec is the same as the 240R but it has traction control and you can have any colour you want.
The price is a bonkers 46k without colour options and the first cars will be delivered early next year.
Stratton have a allocation of two cars, put my name down for one of em, feck it, life is short.

Looks like Lotus is going nuts!
Lotus have another announcement…
100 limited edition Sport Racers based on the 111R…

Elise Sport Racer - Limited Edition
Based on 111R with MY06 Touring Pack AND Sport Pack

50 in Nightfall Blue with White Stripes, 50 in Ardent Red with White Stripes

Standard Spec includes:

Hardtop, unique paint, Full Touring Pack, full MY06 spec (LED rear lights etc etc), full Sport Pack (twin oil coolers, switchable traction control (!), Sports suspension (dampers and springs), Hi Power finish lightweight 14-spoke alloys (US spec) with Yokohama AD07 LTS tyres.

On the road with all this spec: �32813
Extra cost options: Aircon �1295, Limited slip differential �995
Lotus Quote:

"The Sports Racers represent a real value proposition for the customer, with both vehicles featuring the MY06 Sport and Touring packs as well as hard tops, unique paint and trim for a recommended retail price of �31,995 (plus delivery at �615, road tax �165, reg fee �38).

To increase the exclusivity of these vehicles we will be producing a limited production run of 100 for the UK, with 50 Ardent Red and 50 Nightfall Blue vehicles being produced between November 2005 and February 2006.

Not sure I get it, guess those with the track and a tan in mind wwill love it!

I am sure I will get shot for this but…
I am sorry but if I were intersted in spending 46k I would buy a Noble with 400hp.
Are they trying to piss off 240R owners?

Stratton phoned today to say that Lotus have just sent them an email anouncing a new limited run of Exige cars.
It’s called an Exige Cup 240 and like the 240R there will be 50 cars built and there will be a track version as well.
The spec is the same as the 240R but it has traction control and you can have any colour you want.
The price is a bonkers 46k without colour options and the first cars will be delivered early next year.
Stratton have a allocation of two cars, put my name down for one of em, feck it, life is short.

Placed my order for one with Stratstone MK last week, now Focus bound till it turns up
Chrome orange
Wasn’t expecting �46K though, was told around �44K but then the spec hadn’t been announced by Lotus. Like you, I thought feck it, life is short.

Not as short as your bank balance is going to be.

Got to be worth �30k in a years time

I’d want it in gold for that price…plate that is!

Ian

The 111S was worth 65% of what I paid after 3 years, 17K miles & 20 trackdays. I’d be happy with the same from this ie 30K after 3 years. You never know, it might be worth more given the limited munbers (but then I bet the 240R owners thought the same thing!!!)

Not as short as your bank balance is going to be.

Got to be worth �30k in a years time

30k is a bit pessimistic but yes all cars lose money, my 2004 Exige has with a 1000 miles on it.

Traction control…?

That’s my right foot, surely? All my cars were supplied with that.

I am sure I will get shot for this but…
I am sorry but if I were intersted in spending 46k I would buy a Noble with 400hp.
Are they trying to piss off 240R owners?

New Nobley M400s are not 46k and if they were i would not touch one with yours, a mate had one , it was shite and exploded twice.

Resale value will depend on if Lotus goes and pulls another limited run. They sold the 240R as only 50 then let cup cars get the sc, now the 240 cup.
Wonder if they will end up with a sc option for the normal Exige.

Is the Pope a Catholic?

Resale value will depend on if Lotus goes and pulls another limited run. They sold the 240R as only 50 then let cup cars get the sc, now the 240 cup.

I’ve been assured by the dealer that they won’t be offering an SC after market option as it’s to extensive a mod. Not sure I beleive it though, been stung once by Lotus when the 111R was released and the dropped the price on the 111S.
Either way I’m going to enjoy it whilst I can.
Get even - Die in debt…

Traction control…?
That’s my right foot, surely? All my cars were supplied with that.

TCS is turn offable

New Nobley M400s are not 46k and if they were i would not touch one with yours, a mate had one , it was shite and exploded twice.

That’s what put me off, did seriously consider one, but too many horror stories. I know Lotus has got abit of a reputation, but I’ve never had any problems. It’s even been pointed out to me that i could buy a 355 for that money, just couldn’t afford to run it

Yes Lotus will have a retro fit SC next year’ish but i bet it will be expensive, also you dont get the other 240 cup toys.

That’s what put me off, did seriously consider one, but too many horror stories. I know Lotus has got abit of a reputation, but I’ve never had any problems. It’s even been pointed out to me that i could buy a 355 for that money, just couldn’t afford to run it

The quality of the Noble was rubbish, it was like an Esprit 20 years ago.
Yes it was rapid untill it went bang in a big way.
He had to go to mr Nobles house to sort it out and get his money back and funny enough he has a segy hand 60k 355 now.
You can get an old 355 for 46k but to get a good one it will be well over 50.

�46k Forget Nobles and Fezzas for the same money, here are some much more desirable ways of parting with �46k

1. ExigeS1 + E46 M3
  2. ExigeS1 with N/A Honda + Renault Clio V6 255
  3. ExigeS1 with S/C Honda and all other mods + Clio Cup 182

All S/H of course but I know what will mean more fun and less resale depreciation. If it was me,…option 2 and 3 look like fun,…got me thinking again

Yes but they are old cars, i can have a good Testerossa and CTR for the same price but again old cars.

I heard today that there will be a couple more supercharged exige models, not limited edition, and asked, “won’t that just piss off the people who bought 240R’s?”

“err… yep”

Apparently no aftermarket kit though, too expensive…

All hearsay might I add…