Exige Audi

Hi All, After being a observer on here for years I am looking to move from my S2 sport 190 Elise to an Exige S1 Audi. My friend has a very well sorted car he is thinking of moving on, I made the mistake of driving it and now must have one, power corrupts!
Can anyone advise me on what I need to check, areas of weakness, must haves etc above the usual chassis checks etc.

Help is appreciated

Do you know who did the conversion?

PM or speak with SeanB or JDS on here…AKA JSRacing

Steve Guglielmi, i have no problem with the cars provenience as I sourced the original car, and I have met Steve a number of times. Just looking for advice on wear & tear, etc. Brakes have been uprated at front to 4 pots but rears have not is that sort of thing OK or do they need bigger stoppers on the rears?

rears should be fine and it has been done by a man that AFAIK knows what he is doing :wink:

Rears will be fine, dependant on how much track work you are doing.

If you plan on upping the power, you will need to think about changing the side mounted intercooler for a charge cooler setup.

Thanks, So no major issues then to worry about.

If it was done at Guglielmi’s then I did most of the work on it.

Bernard

Vote of confidence from me if Bernard did it :wink:

If you decide against the car, please may I have some details?
Thanks.

One for sale here Used cars for sale | PistonHeads UK

Middo (well respected owner/modifier in the Lotus community) is not convinced about that car - well, according to his comment over on Seloc, anyway!

Just joined the S1 Audi clan, picked the car up from my friends yesterday evening and I must say it’s ballistic! converted and upgraded with everything by Steve G so well sorted. Certainly got a lot more torque than my Old Elise S2 Sport 190. Always wanted an Exige S1& finally got one!

:sunglasses:

Good choice of car, if I ever moved to a S1 Exige it would be what I would be buying :smiley:

Well done mate. :slight_smile:

Bernard

Cool, now lets see some pictures!!

[quote=Mr Pesky]Middo (well respected owner/modifier in the Lotus community) is not convinced about that car - well, according to his comment over on Seloc, anyway!
[/quote]

middo and well respected in the same sentence :smiley:

My standards are very low :smiley:

Amen