Exige at Geneva

Follow this link

http://www.salon-auto.ch/en/en_images/index.php?cat=49&page=1

On these pics we can clearly see that the rear wing IS part of the engine cover. Hardly going to be stiff is it?

And what does the line “Exige & Exige Racing Version” mean?

On the plus side, there’d never be a worry about the rear hatch opening at speed!

Ian

On the plus side, there’d never be a worry about the rear hatch opening at speed!

…except, maybe, at the leading edge as it seperates from the body…

[image]http://www.lccs.nu/forum/userimages/2-2004-29-02-picfetch.jpg[/image]
[image]http://www.lccs.nu/forum/userimages/2-2004-01-03-lotus_exige_moving_side_view.jpg[/image]
and down the page here Exige S2 pressrelease och massor av bilder - Lotus Car Club of Sweden are a few more pics!

Nice pics - I feel the S2 does look good in this colour

Problem is that no matter what angle you view an S1 from, you immediately know it’s an Exige.

With the S2, I think a good percentage of onlookers will think it’s an Elise with a few bits of body kit.

Which sums up why I’m unlikely to ever swap my S1 for one.

Armourfend should do well out of this, assuming it sells. Note the absence of protection in front of the rear wheels!

Still going to have a test drive though…

hello,

i have recently joined your BBS. (writing from hong kong)
well, out here, we can’t get the exige. i do own an S2 elise. it has to be the best thing i have ever driven.
but the exige remains my dream car. have been thinking about getting an S1 exige shipped out here for about a year now. but have been waiting to see what this S2 exige is all about.
from the pix and specs, i agree that it looks very much like a 111R dressed up with some body kit.
but i am sure lotus did not just build a slightly modified shell and put it on the 111R and call it an exige S2, right?

the discussion here is very much like the ones we had between the elise S1 and S2 owners. but after the last few years, both camps have simply accepted that the two are very different beasts. each with its strengths and weaknesses.
i am actually very excited about the new exige.
even thinking of flying over this summer to test drive one. maybe will bring one home with me! (anyone knows where i can also test out an S1 as well?)

by the way, you guys have a great site! learned so much about the exige. like to see more of your car pix though!

from the pix and specs, i agree that it looks very much like a 111R dressed up with some body kit.
but i am sure lotus did not just build a slightly modified shell and put it on the 111R and call it an exige S2, right?

That’s exactly what Lotus did.
Because they are targeting a different market, not the current Exige owners that expected an upgrade but current Boxster, M3, Z3 owners to bring them over to this side.

If you come over here, let us know and we’ll make sure you get to see what an S1 is all about.

Uldis

PS - welcome!

That’s exactly what Lotus did.
Because they are targeting a different market, not the current Exige owners that expected an upgrade but current Boxster, M3, Z3 owners to bring them over to this side.

Im so impressed at you guys being able to tell so much about the new car without seeing a real one let alone driving one, no offence by the way!

Well, I’m surprised you doubt it.
After all this is Exiges.com, we ARE fanatics!

We know everything there is to know so far.
And will know more as we do the test drives (yes, many of us are booked)

Stay tuned for the drivel…

just booked drive at storm leicester 16th march at 11am

apparently according to the lotus sales manager in a head to head around hethel the s2 exige takes four seconds off the toyota equipped elise?

i wonder just how hard they will let us drive the new exige on the test drives

Im so impressed at you guys being able to tell so much about the new car without seeing a real one let alone driving one, no offence by the way!

Do I detect a note of suspicion?!?

Well, what are we meant to think. The only apparent differences with the 111R are 20% stiffer suspension, sticky tyres (those two are probably most of the 4 seconds, which I find a little difficult to believe! Unless Gav was driving one car and, well, anybody else the other), a roof, and a little downforce.

We do our research you know!

Ian

maybe I should come clean, I’ve orderd one! I bit the bullet and sold my S4s last week (still having therapy, wot have i done? )anyway, I seriously looked into an S1 Exige but opted for the S2, I much prefer the Toyota power plant to drive, it feels and sounds so much better and Lotus reckon that its good for 300 bhp so in the long run… plus, its a new car, untracked, there ya go

And good luck to you. I think if I was in your position I’d be very tempted to plump for the S2.

What you maybe reading as negativity on our behalf is that it is a toned down product from the S1. Lap times maybe as quick but it’s going backwards on the focus front, less of what made the S1 so special as Lotus’ rawest car - a racing car for the road. But I’m sure it’s still going to be a darn fine car and a few of us may even join you and buy one. I get the feeling that what we wanted most was to really WANT this car and that just hasn’t happened yet.

It’d be great if you’d come out with us on trackdays/socials. There’ll be bits of your car that we’re all really gonna want, like those wheels for starters (you are going for the optional ones?)!

Ian

as Ian said, I do understand yer point as well
good luck with it
laters,
B

Erm… what are S4’s?

suppose, it’s a shopping trolly called Audi
laters,
B

Chaps

I’m sure that Giles means an Esprit S4S Here

[image]http://www.lotusespritworld.co.uk/images/S4s/Esprit_S4s_blue.jpg[/image]

auuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu…
Rob could have a point there…
hope, you’re all right, mate…
laters,
B

Looks like a nice car!

Would you believe that I was looking many mnay years ago to buy an Esprit, went to try one on, and half of my head was sticking out?

It’s VERY small inside!

I guess Colin Chapman was not very tall…

I just noticed from the overhead pic…

it looks to me like you could take the top off an S2 exige without penalty… although I know Uldis wouldn’t be a fan of this… it means that it might even be closer to a 111R than we thought… ?