exhaust recommendation

Guys just sold my NA exige and replacing with a cup260. The old exige had a stage 2 exhaust on it. Loved the sound and after similar for the 260. Want it to exit through the diffuser and have oval tip like original. Only one I can find like it is the one Bell and Colvill sell but that is a bit quiet (my father has it on his Exige S). Want quality that wont destroy itself. Any suggestions?

Stage 3 or 2bular

If you’re after quality, then 2bular would be my recommendation.

1 Like

Hangar111 can do their ‘Signature’ exhausts with an oval tip - worth giving Marianne a call.

2bular…no contest

looks like a stage 3 or a 2bular 6 inch. Anyone had experience with these. How do they go for sound compared to a stage 2

You must want loud then? 2bular all the way the Lotus one is cheap and badly made sadly, go 2bular :wink:

^^^^^^^^^^ in agreement 100% ^^^^^^^^^

I bought a stage 3 and I think it sounds decent, loads better than stock and alot lighter/smaller. Tailpipe leans to the right slightly which bugs me.

6" 2bular on a 260bhp supercharged exige will make your ears bleed. Much louder than a Lotus stage 3. Ask MarkS2 what he thought of his.

Boothy

I’ve got a Larini sort Cup in Stainless for sale sounds great!!

My car had a Lotus Stage 3 on it when I got it. It was way to loud for me and as has been said, it isnt very nicely made.

My car had a 2bular on it when I bought it. Was horribly boomy and it was in fact mullered and thrown in the bin after less than 7k miles. Well made? mine wasn’t!

have std one on mine now and much prefer it. God we are getting old huh Sean! :wink:

a switchable system would be nice…

[quote=Porkie]My car had a 2bular on it when I bought it. Was horribly boomy and it was in fact mullered and thrown in the bin after less than 7k miles. Well made? mine wasn’t!

1st time I have ever heard that!
you sure Jim made it??
mine still good as new… 9k

[quote=Boothy]6" 2bular on a 260bhp supercharged exige will make your ears bleed. Much louder than a Lotus stage 3. Ask MarkS2 what he thought of his.

Boothy [/quote]

Yep it will make your ears bleed you will never hear your stereo and you will never be able to talk to any passengers. I made the huge mistake IMHO of having one of these didnt take me long to get it removed and somehow sold.
Also dont forget many trackdays will be out of the window.

Ohh and lastly if you use your car daily get used to waking your neighbours up (if you have any) when you go to work. I was at a bbq at one of my neighbours once and a lady from around the corner another street away away said to me have you changed your exhaust as I used to use it as my alarm clock at 6:30 am everyday LOL.

2Bular systems are excellent tho, I love my 8X24 GT3.

I will never forget the fact that yours was the only supercharged exige I have ever been in where I could not hear the supercharger :smiley:

LOL, yep forgot that on my previous post too haha. The whole point when we went out all them years ago was to try an listen to my charger noise if you remember but i had forgotten just how loud that stupid box was.

Yes. Very sure. Was sent back to him to be repacked…

Told it was knackered.

A rare occasion, but everybody gets the odd problem, I presume it was ok once Jim had repacked it?

so is a 2bular 8" going to do the job? I want something comparable to a stage 2. It measured 104db by the police at 7000rpm on my NA but sounded great. Deep and loud but screemed above 7 with the hurricane. Absolutely horn. Theres no stereo in the cup by the way so not concerned with listening pleasure, but a sports car should sound like one.