European Time Attack Masters. ****PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN****

My team, i.e the Eliseparts/EP Tuning Time Attack Team, would really, really like to enter ourselves into a massive event which is new for this year. It’s called the ‘European Time Attack Masters’ and is being held at Zandvoort circuit in the Netherlands on the 5/6th October.

All the top teams/cars from across Europe are being invited to compete. It’ll be run in a similar way as it is here in the UK, with several different drivetrain and engine classes, but with the addition of an overall, outright European champion (awarded for the overall fastest lap of the event) We feel that we could certainly challenge for overall honours and it would be a great way of finishing off the season and getting our sponsors names out there.

Now, due to our big fire incident a few months ago, we have been left with almost zero budget and I had therefore already ruled out attending this event. However, I have decided that it might be worth just trying to somehow get the money together so that we can sign up for it. I think we could probably do this event for around £1,250 ish if we keep things to the absolute bare minimum. This would include the pre-event test day, race day, fuel, ferry crossings etc, so all in. If by chance we were able to raise any additional money, it would certainly help us get much nearer to prepping to car as best as possible for this event.

I have already posted up and asked if anyone can think of any ways we could raise this money, as my imagination isn’t all that great for this sort of thing. We have had a good number of ideas, however the main idea becomes a little difficult and complicated in terms of legality (a raffle) and the others will probably not generate enough to get us there and would also mean us removing all of our current sponsors logos (selling off areas of the car).

The only other suggestion that has been made to me, is one that I am not really comfortable with. It would however, be by far the easiest and least complicated way of getting to the event. Therefore, I am asking the Lotus community as a whole if they would like to help us out (this is the bit I hate) and make a donation.

I have set up a ‘European Time Attack Masters’ donation area through PayPal with a direct link accessed through a dedicated ‘donation’ tab. This tab is located on my personal car website here at the bottom of the page:-

http://thimotorsport.co.uk/european-time-attack-masters/

I have not programmed in a fixed donation amount, as I feel that this aspect should be left up to each individual. If for any reason we either don’t generate enough budget or something unexpected stops us going to the event, then I will refund all donations or pass the amount onto an agreed charity.

Out of interest, the car will be on display on the ‘Quantum Racing Suspension’ stand at the Lotus festival at Brands Hatch at the end of August, so this would be a good opportunity to have a close look at the car, ask questions and see if you want to get involved.

Thanks a million in advance if you are able to help us.

If for any reason this post is against any forum rules, i.e advertising etc, then please could the mods let me know a.s.a.p. before removing and let me know what I need to do.

Done

Ta very much

Done!
Best of luck, mate.

I noticed they deleted your post on SELOC mate so I posted it up instead but they deleted that too. Can’t see a genuine reason for deleting my post. Miserable fuckers!

Best of luck.

Dan

Sod Seloc. Let’s all chip in from here. Surely we can make the target?

Done

Thanks so much chaps.

Indeed, Seloc have deleted everything I wrote unfortunately!!! I have put my case across to them, explaining that this isn’t a personal money making exercise for upgrading the car etc and that it was designed to be more of a Seloc/Exiges.com/Lotus marque/ plus all our great sponsors verus the rest of Europe type affair. A one off. If I was trying to get money for doing stuff to the car or to cover our general racing here in the UK, I would have done that a long time ago or after the fire!!!

Anyway, I’ll have to see how it goes now, but without the traffic generated by Seloc and finding my post, I think we may struggle.

Cheers Dan, thanks for trying mate.

I think exiges.com can do the business. 125x £10. Surely not beyond us?

Or 62.5 of us X 20 !!! :wink:

(Pesky is quite short so there is the 1/2!! :laughing: )

Done!

Good luck Jamie, glad this has got off the ground so to speak! Sorry to hear about the SELOC reaction mate… :imp:

Try MLOC and NORLOG too!

Get that Exiges.com sticker on as well!!! :sunglasses:

Well, things are going better than I expected given that I only started this yesterday afternoon, but seem to be a fair bit slower, now that the topic has been removed from you know where.

However, lots a very kind and generous people have so far got us to about £185 with PayPal fees taken off, so thanks again.

Done :slight_smile:

Done :slight_smile:

Thanks chaps.

From the pocket of one racer to another, good luck with this Jamie.

Many thanks.

Will be Sooooooo brilliant after all of this if you get the result you are after mate!

All sounds very possible… tell Scuffers to loose some more weight!!! :smiley:

Quick update on how things are going. We’re up to just over £300 now, but things have pretty much ground to a halt after the thread was removed from Seloc. So, combined with an additional £150 that we will be getting for displaying a company logo, we’re up to the £450 mark.

I think I’m going to have to try and get a couple more companies involved regarding stickers etc as I don’t think we’ll get there otherwise. I’ve emailed the organisers to see if we can enter at the last minute in order to give us a fighting chance of making it. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks again to everyone who has helped.

Hope you can get their mate… :clap: