Donington Park : Why the hell not day : Friday 4th Sept

Déjà vu surely? Sean will sell you something to fix that. :smiley:

[quote=“DaveP”]This pretty much sums it up… evo Track Evening in association with Sky Insurance - Caterham Seven 420 R - YouTube[/quote]

Did you intend a EVO evening vid? :eh:

[quote=“IDG”][quote=“DaveP”]This pretty much sums it up… evo Track Evening in association with Sky Insurance - Caterham Seven 420 R - YouTube[/quote]

Did you intend a EVO evening vid? :eh:[/quote]

Yes - as there’s some decent spiel in there on the feel of driving a Caterham…

So in fact just one Lotus - the V6, the others being somewhat modified…

Sorry, but i couldn’t help but comment that Joony’s attempted dig at Lotus was a bit of a failure :mrgreen:

Fair point Tim,…three were ‘optimised’ and were out of action due to failure of those optimisations! It was all just tongue in cheek banter at the end of a great day on circuit…

seems his workshop is jinxed, take 'em home boys :smiley:

I’ll definitely have another go, no two ways about it.
If you can call in to Oulton bring your lid and come out for a couple of laps :slight_smile:

Yeah that was a real shame that you did not experience the full Caterham thang, I did not realise at the time that work on my car was holding yours up…

Looking forwards to seeing the Elise out next time though :sunglasses:

Enjoyed the write up, Benja. Lucky, lucky chap.
Any chance of an Exiges.com deal with BaT for cheap hire at Anglesey?
My two bread-snatchers would love to share with me!

Ben, it wouldn’t have made any difference so i’m glad yours got sorted first, certainly not the first time i’ve lucked out on a track day and definitely not the last!!

Yeah, getting excited about the Elise, if possible 3 track days before winter sets in and then i’ll be happy for it to hibernate whilst getting the new engine installed ready for early testing next year.

Anglesey October? got a bit of credit to spend :smiley:

Yes I know bud.

Sorting out Anglesey is on my to-do list assuming you guys want me to take the lead again. I’ll start another thread to gather some ideas…but yes it would be great if we could have something really compelling for those without a drive or kids/siblings/mates etc to get into a Caterham.

Thanks Chris, really pleased you’re not bitter about it eh. Yeah I too wanna squeeze in a bit of autumn/winter trackday action before hibernating,…yes Anglesey in October is a distinct possibility, let’s stay in touch :sunglasses:

YES!

Say if you want help.

He loves us guys (has to be that as we’re not as flush as many of his clients)

Indeed, and Lotus’ also - he used to have a Honda powered elise !

Ben, we lazy buggers would love you to take the lead… And if you could swing a deal on Bat Cats my lads would be delighted. Me too.

Most years I’m on the lookout for someone muu snr to buddy with.

Ben, you’re the man, get it sorted buddy!

As Ian says, shout if you need a hand.

OK I’m on it. I’ll get the ball rolling over the next few weeks and keep everyone updated.

Good lad, Ben! Great job last year, mate.