Donington 24th Sept - Bookatrack

Hiya

Thats a shame, always the way tho when u have a spin!

10g is pretty impressive Glad to hear no damage was done

Did you get any figures from the day?

Ok back at home ( Holland ) after a great day yesterday.

Video, yes I have one that I can post soon - it shows lots of overtaking … but sadly everyone is overtaking me

Anyway thanks to:

Steve & Martin for the “cosh” - I owe you one for that - thank you
Simon(S) and Richard (Blink) for getting wheels balanced correct
Whoever sold me the slicks … think it was Jonny actually … ( didnt do anything for my speed but it will next time out )
Uldis for showing just how fast a standard Exige can be
Brendan for putting up with my driving and mobile ringing while on track
The Caterham driver who went off in front of me and covered the track in gravel and thus smashed my lamps and headlamp covers
The drivers that overtook and then spun out in front of me
Pesky for sorting out another day soon

As usual the Exigers can be guaranteed to come up with laughs and drama in equal measure

The Caterham driver who went off in front of me and covered the track in gravel and thus smashed my lamps and headlamp covers

Dead unlucky that, mate.

Pesky for sorting out another day soon

Mike Lane is joining in the fun at Anglesey, too

As usual the Exigers can be guaranteed to come up with laughs and drama in equal measure

Says it all really.

[/quote]

The ‘old guy’ has a great sense of humour…

Glad to hear it mike

Was great to get to meet some of you guys yesterday. Thanks to Steve and Martin for the ride and sorry I didnt get to take up the other ride offers from Andy and Russ, only sorry I had to leave at lunchtime. Hope you all got back home ok and next time i will have to have the Exige with me now i realise what i have been missing.
ps Anyone got a supersports exhaust for sale?
Steve

Anyone got some pics/video???

Us guys across the pond don’t usually get to see more than one Exige at a time (only 13 or so in the country).

Sounds like a great day!

i’m pretty sorry i missed it (kids to Alton Towers tommorrow)… MAJIKK.

Rox, knowing how you Jocks like to save the odd penny or two, I have a cunning plan!

Don’t go to Alton Towers - bung Uldis �20 to take your kids out on track - that’ll frighten the whatsit of them.

You can now afford to buy me a pint of Stella at the next Exiges.com trackday, so you see, everyone’s a winner.

Great day, great weather, thanks again to Edwards Rescue for the assist. Bonus - no “screamers” in the pax seat.

I couldn’t scream as I was biting down hard on my tongue at the time …seriously though I think the Honda engine and g/box move the Exige on as far again as the Exige did from the standard S1. But I believe that to exploit it you really need to have the suspension and brakes sorted to keep up. Russ’ car seemed to be particularly well sorted, having tremendous balance when turning in. A really big thanks for the ride, I think Jonny should appreciate the number of demo rides you were doing for his conversion. Im certainly sold on it if I could find a buyer for my engine.

I particularly enjoyed the Melbourne loop with the power available to get the car well sideways!..although not as far as Pesky managed into the 1st corner - just one slight correction to an earlier post - Pesky managed to keep it on the blackstuff, whilst Mike I think opted for the gravel to ensure a safe margin of error. I think I had the best view of the syncronised spin and it certainly looked as if they had practised it - who knows the may turn up for the next trackday in ballet shoes and tutus Thanks Pesky for the ride in your car its good to watch others lines and techniques and just enjoy the Exige experience from a different seat.

Nice also to meet so many others…Steve E. I must have one of your diffusers now! and I liked Brendans Motorsport cover. I have also met someone now who has purchased one of the Reverie carbonfibre steering wheels - a real work of art and just so light!

I also came home with a shedload (literally) of tyres to add to the garageload i already have - thanks again guys.

Hope to have mine fettled for the next time…

Great day! it was also great to be out on track with some of the exotica ie Jaguar.Couldn,t believe how quick those guy’s were and I did notice that Porshe getting steadily quicker throughout the session.Must get some tution next time becuase I know there were a good few Elises I struggled to keep up with,never mind other Exiges.Where are all the photos?.

Cheers

Steve

i have some pics from Donington this week if i can e mail them to some one ,they can post them up for me .
just not up to speed on these new pc things. Had a great time even if it was just till lunch.

Don’t go to Alton Towers - bung Uldis �20 to take your kids out on track - that’ll frighten the whatsit of them.

You can now afford to buy me a pint of Stella at the next Exiges.com trackday, so you see, everyone’s a winner.

Northee

If you send them to me, I’ll post them up in the “Bookatrack” gallery.

Cheers

Hi Steve.

I will e-mail you with some more details about our diffusers.

Regards Steve

The new Max-Power-scraping one? with Titanium-tipped fins?

BTW, I also recorded some video with my suction-cup-mounted cam (it seems nobody saw I had one), but am having problems downloading.
My wee laptop is playing up and crashing every time I try.

Must… resist…temptation… to buy… a…(arrghh!) new one…

Lisa - yes I have loads of data…

Steve - I did opt for the gravel, on the basis that a direct tangent ‘out’ seemed the safest bet…

Uldis - respect - racing bikes must teach you lines I can only dream of - next time I must go out with you, but in the meantime your videos of your lines would be a good start!!

Great day - see you all at Anglesey??

Northee’s piccies posted in Bookatrack Gallery Here

Hey Pesky, where’ve ya stripes gone??! It’d take more than a gravel trap to shake them off surely!?

Ian

ps. I hit oil at Silverstone recently, early in the day before I was up to ‘incident’ inducing speed, not fun is it! Glad all’s okay.

Hey Pesky, where’ve ya stripes gone??! It’d take more than a gravel trap to shake them off surely!?

Ian

Still got the stripes - don’t make me go any faster though. Picture showing rear is not my car, but side view is!

Phew!

OK chaps,

there are two interesting clips, and I have to do them one at a time in my wee computer because the disk is full.
So, the first one is out.
Originally was 4GB, but I managed to make it 66MB and still decent.
Still, it won’t fit in Booaktrack.
So I made a lower-res verison at 14MB.
Uploaded now here

Check it out, see if you see yourself, but you may want to see the 66MB one, the details are much clearer.
If somebody knows where I can put it.

The one with Christine as a pax will follow.