Dipstick tube detached from engine

Just noticed the weld holding the top of the dipstick to the engine has broken.

It is only supported at the bottom and is very loose.

Not heard of this before on a Yota. is it a frequent occurence and how to fix ?

Off on a 3/4,000 mile Euro trip next week. I have cable tied the top of the dipstick as a temp measure.

Will this be sufficient until I can get it fixed on my return ?

Thanks

Ex77

[quote=Exige77]Just noticed the weld holding the top of the dipstick to the engine has broken.

It is only supported at the bottom and is very loose.

Not heard of this before on a Yota. is it a frequent occurence and how to fix ?

Off on a 3/4,000 mile Euro trip next week. I have cable tied the top of the dipstick as a temp measure.

Will this be sufficient until I can get it fixed on my return ?

Thanks

Ex77

[/quote]

IMHO , no it won’t :/, but what I can suggest is that you buy some of that '‘Like Steel’ or a similar named product , which is one of these new magic resins , that can repair most things metal.

I may have the incorrect product name , but you get my drift, so to speak!! :smiley:

Araldite do a good one for metal, Fixed a cast iron bedstead in our guest room about 7 years ago thought it might last a few weeks…but still going strong and believe me it has been tested…my nimpho sister and her boy friend saw to that.

Is this the part?

Is it not thread in the side of the block?

Thanks for your suggestions.

I will check next week when I get home. Maybe just a broken bracket but as it’s under the SC very hard to see and get at without dismantling loads od stuff.

Thanks again.

Ex77

Deffo a push fit with No.11 ‘O’ ring to seal held in place buy bolt No.10
With a bit of luck it might be bolt No. 10 is just loose or missing and not a broken bracket. Gonna check my bolt No. 10 is tight after reading this.
Ex77…do let us know how you get on

Milliput epoxy putty …
And Scoob ,your sister sounds ace … Is she married yet ??
:wink:

[quote=jfk]And Scoob ,your sister sounds ace … Is she married yet ??
:wink: [/quote]

GLOL!!!

Podger, is it a Tokyo drift?

[quote=Boothy]

Podger, is it a Tokyo drift? [/quote]

I certainly hope not !! :wink:

Table Number:
40_15

Position:

Part Number:
A120E6280S

Description:
Bolt, flgt. hd., guide tube fixing, 2ZZ

Notes:
111R, Elise R, Exige

Qty on Car:

Price (each):
�0.79

Stock:
Factory Order

My Mrs will drop the car off at BOT on Tuesday and will report back on the fix.

Asked the same question on SELOC and got FA.

So thanks again guys.

Ex77

I have a spare dip stick set (however you’d describe all parts) if needed I can special it over Monday for Tuesday? I’m not using it…

[quote=Exige77]My Mrs will drop the car off at BOT on Tuesday and will report back on the fix.

So thanks again guys.

Ex77[/quote]
I have not bothered with SELOC for two years now it’s not a community like we have here. IMHO

[quote=scoob][quote=Exige77]My Mrs will drop the car off at BOT on Tuesday and will report back on the fix.

So thanks again guys.

Ex77[/quote]
I have not bothered with SELOC for two years now it’s not a community like we have here. IMHO [/quote]

Not one to leave myself wide open (Steve Green :smiley: ) but I agree Scoob, I know we/me have our moments but there is a forgiving nature on this very site that is second to none (MLOC also rocks :sunglasses: )

Sorry couldn’t resist that one :smiley:

:smiley: watch out Stevens about lol

All sorted Chaps.

Seems during some enthusiastic driving in North wales a couple of weeks back an alternator bolt sheared allowing it to move a knock the dip stick tube.

Thanks for all the replys and to JonnyFox for his offer. I’m sure he has a CF dipstick anyway

Ex77

Good news :slight_smile:

Glad it’s sorted - had any work been done on the alternator? Just wondering what caused that to shear…