Da Edwards Diffuser - Update

The only problem is that suction varies according to the size of the apperture - try your vacuum cleaner with different nozzles - a big nozzle = exige at standard ride height - smaller nozzle = exige at motorsports height

To get the maximum effect the car needs to be lowered, and perhaps some side skirts ???

Wotcha say ??

This is true Mike but I reckon it will still work at any ride height, but the closer to the ground you get the better it will be. but i wouldn’t say its a ‘problem’

Very true Rox.
I just have a question… who is Adrian Newey?

Pesky gave the perfect answer to this ehh…

Some folk say hes a geezer that know a thing or two about automobile aerodynamix… ohh and he own(s)/(ed) a 400 (or something) bhp elise built by BBR.

Hi All,
Only just got on line to see that the diffuser thread has got to 3 pages . Thanks to everybody who is trying to prove the theory of how or why or if the diffuser works, But its enough to say that the original design had no real intentions of improving grip/downforce or handeling etc. It was done purely as a OOOHHH Look At That project.
It has now been proven by Gavan that on his “race” car it has made a differance. On our “road” cars it may make a differance but as it has been said before, Who cares it looks the dog’s Boll+$@'s.

Will tempt you all now by saying that the front splitter is now fitted to our car and this too looks fantastic, We need to do some on road testing to check out ground clearance etc and will hopefully get Mr Admin to post some pictures soon.

Cheers for now Martin & Steve.

Steve - Front Splitter! wots this all about then… - will it be on sale prior to Chrissie? - letter to Santa in the post…

Hi simon (and all)

Front splitter is on car, Finished it late last nite. Took some dodgy (in the dark) photos but they give you a bit of an idea what it looks like. Prototype is in MDF painted black but finished version will be in 6mm black nylon, The mounting points on the splitter are slotted so you can either have it fully extended like in the photos or you can slide it back be about 1 1/2" to make it smaller.
Number plate mount is the original one just slid between the splitter and the spoiler and fitted in the original place.
pictures are on http://www.bookatrack.com/-pg?1982

hope the link works if not then go to bookatrack and look in the gallery.

Let’s have you opinions then, But dont’ be too rude

Cheers Martin & Steve.

Well I went looking for the pics with an open mind and I quite like them!

Any chance of a wider view of the car to see how it effects the overall look?

How far is ‘fully extended’ (as shown) if 1 1/2" is minimum?

And while I’m asking questions, how is it mounted? A (lightweight) spring loaded retractable version, in case of grounding, would be nice!

Ian

Martin/Steve

Put me on the list for one ASAP - please

Hi Ian,

The pictures show the splitter fully extended (about 2") The sliders will allow the splitter to go back about 1 1/2" to make it smaller. Mounting will hopefully be by screw and captive nut, This should allow the splitter to be altered without taking the front spoiler off the car.
Cheer Steve.

Would this fit??!

http://www.prodrive.com/default2.asp?M=308

[I’ll move my post above to the new thread]

BTW, where’s the ducting behind the front grill go?