Croft Accomodation

Peeps

I appreciate that a week or so ago, it was suggested that we stay at a rather splendid farm conversion. However, it only has 13 rooms, & we’ve had such a great take up for the trackday, meaning that we won’t all get in! So far, 20 actual bookings, & a further 10 “intendeds”.

I’ve found this on the “net” ie I know nowt about it, apart from their advert. It does appear to have adequate numbers of rooms & parking spaces. “Corus” web booking, throws up a room charge of �85 for a twin. What do you all reckon?

http://www.historic-uk.com/StayUK/North-East/CountryHouses/BlackwellGrange.htm

PS As quite a few of you know each other, perhaps you can sort yourselves out in twin rooms?

PPS Vinyl Veronique is already spoken for

That looks like good work Pesky! You booked or just sounding us out?

According to the AA, it’s 4.7miles/12mins from the circuit.

There’s an Indian a mile from the hotel - see here (to be followed by a pool party with Veronique…and whoever Simon picks up )

Ian

Ian

Just sounding out at the moment - although you seem to be confirming my thoughts that it seems okay. The Corus telephone booking service opens at 9am on Saturdays, but I’m going out for the day at about 8 am. Ian, could you possibly give them a ring and find out if they have say, 20 rooms available for the 27th April, please? Obviously, everyone would have to be responsible for booking their own rooms

TIA

I’ll endeavour to give that a go and report back.

Their website reports that 20 twin rooms is not a problem, which is promising.

Ian

There isn’t anybody there from reservations for a group booking (which may well mean a discount) until Monday, but we’re pencilled in for 20 rooms.

The car park is locked and has security cameras, a good thing.

There are plenty of Indians in the town (although I don’t know what happened to my link above, it’s giving a different result to last night! ).

So I guess if 3 or 4 more people post to say this looks like a good option Pesky or I’ll fix it up on Monday.

Ian

Adam

are you around ??

How close is this to the other place you mentioned ?? Can you post the link here ?

suppose i should go look at the other thread really…

Pesky, IDG
This looks pretty fine to me too but is it actually much cheaper than the place adam mentioned?

Rox

Problem with other place was twin rooms I think …

Problem with other place was twin rooms I think …

Nope, only problem with other place was DOUBLE rooms ie too many doubles, & not enough twins

Also, peeps, the guys from Tracksport have indicated that they want to join us too

Ian - many thanks for help - much appreciated. Will speak on Monday - so I won’t be phoning you by mistake!!!

okay

lets do this place…

Ian - can I nominate you to be our “social evening organiser”, please? Assuming you accept, please would you look at booking us into a Chinese, rather than an Indian restaurant, on this occasion - I understand that a couple of our party are not keen on curry, but they enjoy a Chinese nosh. Muchos gratias.

I’ll take a shot at that!

Ian

okay

lets do this place…

Quick question for the Scottish contingent, is anyone staying the night of the 28th or is everyone heading north after the trackday.

Dave

I think there’s at least a couple (inc Rox?) that are planning to stay on the 28th too.

Ian

I think I’ve narrowed it down to 3:

Eastern Bamboo
The Treasure Inn
Sohos Restaurant

Anybody know Darlington, before I get stuck in to some more research?

Ian

Dave,

I think I’ll have to get back on Thursday night.

Mike

Rox, nothing much in the distance/time, the farm is only 2miles from the circuit. Clowbeck House-DL2 2SW, Circuit-DL2 2PN, Hotel DL3 8QH. I already booked at the farm for the 27th, expect to leave work 5-6pm, 168miles in 2-3 hours storming up the A1, will be looking forward to a beer!

Sounds like you’ll be in time to join us mid/post Chinese.

As Rox has already said, it’s hard to meet everybody during the trackday, so it’d be good to see you on the Wednesday evening.

Ian

Can’t wait, done one members only trackday at Silverstone with BDRC so far.
Would like some passenger rides to experience circuit and find the corners before I give it some.
Can you post the address for the Chinese or Watering Hole for later?

okay

lets do this place…

Quick question for the Scottish contingent, is anyone staying the night of the 28th or is everyone heading north after the trackday.

Dave

Dave
I haven’t made my mind up yet… will depend on the rest of you all - i’m easily led - and will be taking Friday OFF anyway.

IDG

I’m easy to feed so you can decide as far as i’m concerned… i don’t know Darlington so can’t give any advice anyway.

Adam998 (and everyone else)
I hope we can all meet for some beers and a chinwag… rather than just passing pleasantries at the track…

to be honest i was also hoping we could convoy around a little with so many exiges in one place, i’d be quite keen on a wee pose about… i know… i know… so shallow…