Con McL - Very Sad News

All

For my first post on Exiges.com in over 3 years, I am afraid I bring very sad news.

Con sadly passed away this morning following complications resulting from a snowboarding accident a few weeks ago. I have personally known Con for over 20 years, throughout University and our Motor Trade careers and if you ever met him, I am sure you will agree, that he was one of the most decent and genuine guys you could ever meet.

My deepest sympathies go out to his family and his wife Beth.

I know Con had many friends amoungst the Exiges.com community, and I thought that you all should know.

We will miss you

Giles

This is such sad sad news. I only spoke to him a week or so ago about ordering a new car… My sympathies, my condolences. I’ll miss you Con.

Very sad indeed …
Best wishes to family…

Sad news, RIP and my condolences to his family :frowning:

Neil.

Am shocked to hear what has happened, was having a text conversation with him on monday and all seemed to be going well then.

Likewise, deepest sympathies go to all who know him better than I do. He certainly shall be missed.

Very Sad News.
Best wishes to his family.

Sad news indeed.

Devastated to hear this news.

Con was a true gent in every sense, & a good friend to many on here. He was an honorable & extremely amiable man, with a wicked sense of humour, & was certainly too young for this tragic occurrence.

I, & I’m sure many other exigers will deeply miss seeing Con at our regular trackdays/social get togethers. We will all have very fond memories of our time spent in Con’s company both on track & at the curry house - thanks Con for bringing so much pleasure, & so many happy memories into our lives.

Image courtesy of MLOC

At Race Retro in February 2011 - a lovely afternoon spent together talking cars, & of course, the usual “bollox”.

RIP buddy

PS Please would Mr Admin make this thread a permanent “sticky” in memory of Con - thanks in advance.

PPS Thanks Giles for posting - I know it was not easy for you. Please pass on exiges.com condolences to Beth & Con’s family, & please keep us posted re funeral arrangements etc.

Very sad news - loss of a popular, polite, friendly, positive guy

Karen and my thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Totally shocked ! Such a tragedy. A great loss of a genuine guy and a good friend. Our thoughts go to Beth and Cons family.
You will be sadly missed mate.
Steve, Martin and all the Edwards’

Thats terrible news to hear. My deepest condolences to his family and closest friends.

Would someone close to him like to take up a kitty for some flowers or something from us all, I think it would be a nice thing to do.

Gav

such a shame for a young married guy :frowning:

Best wishes to his family & friends

Thats really bad news. I found him one of the nicest guys you could meet at the track days we had together, he always had time to talk, give advice ect.

Best wishes to his family and friends.

I agree with Gav, id like to put some money towards flowers or something.

He will be missed!

Chris and Phil

What can I say that’s not already been said, I could not quite take in what I was reading, really really terrible news :frowning:

I met Con a few times and he gave me loads of advice and helped out when I had problems with my van. All I can say is what a genuinely top guy, he will be sadly missed.
Please pass on mine and stephs love to his family, I cannot even start to think what they must be going through. :frowning:

Andy

Cant believe such sad news.
Met Con a few times and such a nice guy.
condolences to his family

I really shocked at this news. Only last year I canvassed him about a visit to Prescott but sadly he was away for the weekend. By chance I booked in at a B&B near the hill and the owner turned out to be a former work colleague of Con’s. He spoke in the warmest terms about him and told me of the many great times they’d enjoyed.
After Prescott Con and I exchanged texts and pledged to meet up at some time in the future.
As others have suggested let’s mark his passing in some way and ensure that his family know how much he was appreciated by Exiges folk.

Reallly sad news. RIP fella.

Very sad and quite shocking :frowning:

The Anglesey day might be a good day to remember & dedicate to Con ?

What do we think ?

Chris

Good idea, & it’s already in hand.

Very Sad to hear.

RIP

Ex77