Clutch for 300+bhp

Following on the other thread…just pricing up a few options.

Assuming I keep the C64 gearbox, the main two options I’ve seen is for the lotus Motorport clutch (TRD), or Exedy - which clutch would be best for over 300bhp?

The Helix clutches are very good.

I use an Exedy in mine and it has been fine, not too heavy or a nasty biting point

My Motorsport clutch has been very good, done 30k miles with it and given it much abuse on/off track and its coped very well. Still pulls away well but will probably need replacing in a years time no doubt.

Fidanza…

I’ve actually already got a TTVracing flywheel which I picked up for not a lot. Problem is its for a 184mm / 7.25" clutch which is not a common size?!

Running the Fidanza in mine, around the 290 - 300bhp mark. It had a bit of a judder when engaging for about 1.5k miles and its not the quietest either. No more effort needed to operate and feels strong happy so far after around 5k miles.

Helix. Taken Johnyfox’s one out to check after a year or so of use, while changing his gear ratios. The pads start at 7.6mm, with a minimum of 6.6mm. Its down to 7.3mm, so barely touched it.

Pedal feels as standard, and the pads are kind to the flywheel surface.

I presume it is made of carbon! :smiley:

Fidanza Alu flywheel + ACT LE1-XTSS clutch

I presume it is made of carbon! :smiley: [/quote]

Lol, it’s had nothing but continious track hammer for 18 months! I’m very pleased :slight_smile:

Why are you changing your ratios John?

And for what? :confused:

I think it’s N/A ratio optimisation
N/A ROCKS :wink:

[quote=OrangeD]I think it’s N/A ratio optimisation
N/A ROCKS :wink: [/quote]

Yep…Staying on the power.

xxxxxcrap coded messagexxxxxxStopxxxxxxtyres left todayxxxxxxStop!

:sunglasses:

[quote=jonnyfox][quote=OrangeD]I think it’s N/A ratio optimisation
N/A ROCKS :wink: [/quote]

Yep…Staying on the power.

xxxxxcrap coded messagexxxxxxStopxxxxxxtyres left todayxxxxxxStop! [/quote]

‘Staying on the power’ - easy when there’s so little of it !!! :smiley:

LOL @ Chris…

Not surprised JF clutch is still fine, he doesn’t have enough power to worry it let alone wear it down :wink:

Cheers for the input guys.

Thankfully Nitron don’t make clutches, so 't looks like I can go with the Helix recommedation.

Was considering the 184mm race clutch to go with TTVracing flywheel, but they start to get costly and will be OTT for the use. Looks like I may have to sell the flywheel :frowning:

I’ll try and ring Helix later in the week, but does anyone know the torque limit for their Organic clutch?

Helix prices and torque rating

Release bearing �27.33
Cerametalic cover and centre plate �337.53 Static torque rating 234 lb/ft
Organic cover and plate �233.47 Static torque rating 190 lb/ft

All prices plus VAT and some carriage

Can get them to you next day, if you order by 11am.

[quote=JDS]Helix prices and torque rating

Release bearing �27.33
Cerametalic cover and centre plate �337.53 Static torque rating 234 lb/ft
Organic cover and plate �233.47 Static torque rating 190 lb/ft

All prices plus VAT and some carriage

Can get them to you next day, if you order by 11am. [/quote]

Thanks for that - I will happily order off you if I decide to stick with the standard box.

Is the Cermetallic for the 184mm flywheel, or oem and do you know whats its like to drive with?