Chargecooler?

im now looking in to a charge cooler for my 240S , anyone got the hanger111 or sinclairs kit on , any probs with it ?
also what they like at fitting them , are they careful with your pride and joy ?

I have a proalloy kit on my car and chose it because i felt the Komotec (hanger111) kit was compromised due to using a water jacket around the standard intercooler, as for being careful both companies are well respected in this community and you will struggle to find anyone better than either :smiley:

I had a chat with Sinclairs last week about the options , they seem to know what they are talking about .
I’m a bit of a fanny about my car and the thought of them taking the front off and sills and stuff makes me cringe a bit . Did your car look ok when you got it back ?
Also have you had any probs so far and how many miles since the fit and what sort of HP ?
Sorry I would do a search but I’m on an iPhone as my laptops down at the mo .

My car is fine and as I say, the popular suppliers are great, sincs Hanger 111 and JS Racing and have no issue with any of them playing with my pride and joy. As for problems…
My car has been over 300hp for about a year and so far the clutch has failed (due to age and HP) and the gearbox has failed (HP and constant track work) so overall my car has been great other than the expected drive train failures and I do mean expected! :wink: good luck with whatever you do :smiley:

Hangar 111 have now developed their own chargecooler from the ground up, with a bespoke core, and are seeing very good results.

Can’t wait to get my car back when all the work is complete :slight_smile:

That looks good Will, is it a direct replacement for the S inter “warmer” sorry “cooler”? :wink:

Moomin - I’m in the process of having a new to Lotus tuning firm supply and fit their own chargecooler kit. PM your email addy and I’ll send you some pics. They’re well known in the VX220 tuning circles, called MMG Performance.

I like the look of the Hanger 111 kit, bet I’ll need a huge charity cheque to fit all the digits in the amount box to pay for it tho!

[quote=evo_ufo]Hangar 111 have now developed their own chargecooler from the ground up, with a bespoke core, and are seeing very good results.

Can’t wait to get my car back when all the work is complete :slight_smile:

so what is the Hanger111 price now with the new cooler , is that the 300 kit ?

[/quote]

[quote=Whiteysback]Moomin - I’m in the process of having a new to Lotus tuning firm supply and fit their own chargecooler kit. PM your email addy and I’ll send you some pics. They’re well known in the VX220 tuning circles, called MMG Performance

I like the look of the Hanger 111 kit, bet I’ll need a huge charity cheque to fit all the digits in the amount box to pay for it tho![/quote]

Pm sent , is your kit the same set up ?

Yes, basically the full spec of: uprated radiator, all pipework, pump, twin fans and the chargecooler itself. I don’t know too much about the Hanger111 kit but the main difference between the MMG kit and the Pro alloy one is the honeycomb structure in the chargecooler is of a different design and more efficient I’m led to believe. To back up their claims I’m having some before and after temps taken as well as other metrics. Overall I’ll be very surprised if it isnt more efficient than the Pro alloy kit as I think they took apart a Pro alloy one when designing their own. The MMG kit also comes with some bling bits too like alloy header tank and a silver (or possibly gold) heat shield - nice and a 1st for a chargecooler kit.

Whatever kit you get I’m sure you’ll be chuffed with the lowered temps and therefore full power they all offer.

I don’t yet know the full cost of the MMG kit as my car is being used for it’s development and therefore i’m not paying full whack however I’m reliably informed it will be “better priced” than the competition. Speak to Liam there for prices.

Assuming that you have an independant rad for the chargecooler? Where are you having it mounted. In the nose or in the main radiator stack with the air con and main coolant rad?

Yeah it’s worth looking into , if you could send me some pics of the nice bling :slight_smile:
How are they mapping the cars , are they bespoke real time dyno mapping for each car like at Sinclairs to get the max out of each car with other upgrades or are they using a pre set download ?

Also where are your fans mounted for the CC rad?

Will where is your rad and fans mounted as well?

evo_ufo - as far as I know all the rads are mounted in the nose still.

moomin - no currently sinclairs are the only people able to perform real time dyno mapping. My car is booked in to them for larger fuel pump, smaller supercharger pulley wheel and possible 550c fuel injectors too. They will then custom remap it.

ade - i believe my fans are mounted underneath, the same design that lotus used for the original fan/rad setup. However from speaking to Liam today he’s looking into changing the design and fitting the fans on top to aid airflow. Whats the Proalloy setup?

Guys all of the above is russian to me (!)…i’m no grease monkey so apologies in advance if I’m talking out of my proverbial. Liam’s in the process of writing up the user manual, taking lots of install photos, etc to I guess all will be revealed soon. Once I get any tech spec’s etc i’ll post back up on here for those interested.

On top is better and you will also need at least a double pass radiator as well.

That’s what you say to all the girls :blush:

[quote=ade]Also where are your fans mounted for the CC rad?

Will where is your rad and fans mounted as well? [/quote]

CC Rad is upright in the nose right behind the tow post.
Fans are in the std position below the normal rad. Air con rad has been removed, and the std rad uprated with a significantly larger version. (Think it was 50mm core). Understand the rational for having the fans on the top, but there is enough capactity in the new rad for there to be no worries at all. :slight_smile:

Will, you can now enjoy the constant warm are through the ventilation system :frowning: also the rad is not as big as it can be there so it might heat soak faster?

Hadn’t thought about the ventilation system intake. If that were to become an issue I’ll add some ducting. Don’t disagree that the rad has to have a slightly smaller frontal area to fit in that space, but it does have the bonus of getting the most direct airflow. I’ve got some more theories on this, but would be easier to try and explain over a few beers.

Beer, now you are talking a language I understand :wink:

Certainly I think it is marginal the differences and I suspect you would need to do some serious testing to proove them either way, also the end cans look a bit odd on the CC they don’t cover the entire sides so maybe not using all the heat exchanger surface area?