Challenge for Simon Erland

he’s not replying to silly questions, that have been discussed over and over again.

So he’s just ignoring them ? It would only take 10 minutes to answer. Could it be that the answers are unpalatable for him ?

Bernard

Simon is sincerely hoping for a world with better K’s.
If other poeple have made errors, he will point them out.
But since a group of people is after him like it was a witch hunt, he’s not replying to silly questions, that have been discussed over and over again.

Sorry but it’s boring to see the same comments again and again when they have been replied already. :confused

Mmmm well looking through here and a fair few other internet forums, "can you"point out the answers to the questions raised above?
Because from the outside, i cannot find answers to those questions

you state that they have been discussed over and over
yet i can’t find these answers

i agree that this seems to be a bit of a witch Hunt but
how long would it take SimomE or yourself to clear this thread up by answering the questions

thats fine. well done.

Fine…that’s fine, he says …FINE?!! Sob!! All those hours, those long nights - planning, designing, cutting, grinding; trying to retain that straight-back design. Try this - no, ok put that there - no, mm how about this Hey! That might work! Finally, it’s welded together - gleaming, a glittering, tubular work of art FINE? IT’S NOT FINE!! It’s a fkn sensation! - a masterpiece!

It addresses every criticism of performance exhausts fitted to the Exige/Elise. It’s easy to fit - no cursing, heaving, sweating cnut of a job. No bashing of the diffuser. No melting of the driveshaft/gearchange gaiters. It’s full-bore yet quiet and will remain so. It’s fully 7Kgs lighter than Uldis’ present set-up and I can make it lighter still.

And some Hondanista comes along and says “that’s fine” AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

That’s fine - I’m ok now.

Ever heard of irony?

He that bloke in the wheelchair?

thats fine. well done.

Fine…that’s fine, he says …FINE?!! Sob!! All those hours, those long nights - planning, designing, cutting, grinding; trying to retain that straight-back design. Try this - no, ok put that there - no, mm how about this Hey! That might work! Finally, it’s welded together - gleaming, a glittering, tubular work of art FINE? IT’S NOT FINE!! It’s a fkn sensation! - a masterpiece!

It addresses every criticism of performance exhausts fitted to the Exige/Elise. It’s easy to fit - no cursing, heaving, sweating cnut of a job. No bashing of the diffuser. No melting of the driveshaft/gearchange gaiters. It’s full-bore yet quiet and will remain so. It’s fully 7Kgs lighter than Uldis’ present set-up and I can make it lighter still.

And some Hondanista comes along and says “that’s fine” AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

If it does the job then it will be a masterpiece. How’s that

Bernard

Aye you’re right Bernard - eet woz just a leetle subliminal advertising, that’s all.

Aye you’re right Bernard - eet woz just a leetle subliminal advertising, that’s all.

just as long as its not another Work Of Art manifold . . .

He that bloke in the wheelchair?

heh heh heh

johnboy! you cnut - that was just a first attempt, never for sale but it served its purpose.

1. How many K series engines have you built, personally.
  2. What power and torque did the best 5 make.
  3. Who owns them and how long have they been running.
  4. List any competitive events they have entered and the results.
  5. List the number of standard K parts in a Judd 2.0 engine.

Allright, since some of you are asking, here’s how I see it (short version)
1- At least one (mine) and it seems better put together than the original, so he must have done some before (he’s replied to this before)
2- can tell you about mine only: around 215 BHP/156 lb/ft which translate to about 225 BHP at Emeralds. AFAIk the other ones have been fairly low spec rebuild.
3- you’re right here, he has mentioned a couple of names and one of them has posted, but the others CBA to post (can’t blame them, they’re going to get flamed)
4- why should they? now, does everybody need to compete? AFAIK trackdays are hard on engines, more than hillclimbs for ex.
5- WTF!? who cares! list the number of std parts on a BTCC Honda then! Irrelevant.

The point here is that he doesn’t have a business like yours, he doesn’t live off motorsports. Why do you insist on asking for his MS CV?
He is a scultpor FFS!

I repeat, he took on the challenge of building my engine and some others after several of you insisted to prove his point!
If you insist on him having a Motorsports CV then you’ll have to wait, a long time probably.

I’d say, for a guy that was ripped off in the past by engine builders and decided to study the situation, gather as much information as possible, publish, accept a challenge and build my engine and is still building others I’d say he’s doing pretty well.
On a different scale, didn’t Mr Lamborghini do the same? pi$$ed off at Ferrari’s quality and attitude, he decided to build his own car and show them. AT the time he was laughed on, taken as a looney by Ferrari and the existing community.
A couple of years later he had proved his point.
Not the same case but that’s the spirit!

BTW Dave (Andrews), I see you edited your message. It’s not a big deal.
At the time what I was an Exige newbie I bothered you constantly with calls, It is understanable that I picked a tone of impatience.

Sorry, I wouldn’t have mentioned what I did on my last post normally but it’s just that I don’t think ANY of you guys are tuning gods, above the rest and know it all.

Well, amybe Judd. But they’re not posting…

The point here is that he doesn’t have a business like yours, he doesn’t live off motorsports. Why do you insist on asking for his MS CV?
He is a scultpor FFS!

Yes, but I think this is a clever bait-n-switch…

You cannot on one hand make bold claims offering to do peoples rebuilds, rubbish professional companies, but when cornered hide behind the “I’m not doing this for the money, I’m sculptor” routine.

Whether he does it for a living is irrelevant. Having evidence to substantiate claims is relevant.

On a different scale, didn’t Mr Lamborghini do the same? pi$$ed off at Ferrari’s quality and attitude, he decided to build his own car and show them.

Probably an unwittingly astute analogy, since Lamborghinis were less well built than the Ferraris he was trying to beat.

Uldis,

Lets be perfectly clear here, no-one here is claiming to be an engine God, with one possible exception. The reason Bernard has asked about the engines that Simon has built is because he continually refers to all the engines he has out there, all 100% reliable and all beating all-comers.

As I remember a conversation with you where I did lose a little patience was when you stripped several threads on your cam cover and inferred it was my fault because you followed the torque settings in the Lotus manual that I had sent you a free copy of.Most people would have stopped after stripping the first one…

I think that would stretch anyone’s patience to breaking point.

Dave

He is a scultpor FFS!

On a different scale, didn’t Mr Lamborghini do the same? pi$$ed off at Ferrari’s quality and attitude, he decided to build his own car and show them.

Probably an unwittingly astute analogy, since Lamborghinis were less well built than the Ferraris he was trying to beat.

How ironic then that one of Simon Erland’s bronzes shows a raging bull - do you see yourself as a picador Mr Admin?

Yes, I most definitely want to see an end to all the bull.

Again, perhaps “raging bull” is unwittingly apt.

LOL! Not taking sides, but nice come back.

Ian

He He - nice one. Where’s my 5-stars gone?!

johnboy! you [censored] - that was just a first attempt, never for sale but it served its purpose.

LOL

it was the 275 thundering horses WOA manifold I was refering to

He He - nice one. Where’s my 5-stars gone?!

You’re very cruel - it must be the picador in you!