Challenge for Simon Erland

The reality is not grubbier and distateful,

Simon is sincerely hoping for a world with better K’s.
If other poeple have made errors, he will point them out.
But since a group of people is after him like it was a witch hunt, he’s not replying to silly questions, that have been discussed over and over again.

Sorry but it’s boring to see the same comments again and again when they have been replied already.

It’s posts like these that have kept me away from posting. Such an energy drain!
(and because of that don’t expect me to bite and continue replying)

You have helped me in the past by phone, although I have to tell you I always got the impression you were doing me a favour (instead of following up business).
This last comment by you is definitely distateful.

BTW, I have heard (and not from Simon) several horror stories involving yourself.

Simon might have (as all humans) a few weak points, but he should be commended for sharing the message to until now bad building practices.

Relax, you guys are sounding too overprotective of your business.

Are you?

Sorry but it’s boring to see the same comments again and again when they have been replied already.

Now I’m confused… Simon still hasn’t answered plenty of questions. Thats one of the main reasons people don’t take him seriously. Maybe he will answer some of our questions at the tunergp?

The Questions have been asked over and over again but like some new labour politico he manages to ever actually answer any of the serious points.

Obviously the credulous seem to miss this fact.

FFS - bernard is well able to run the search functions on the various BBSes to find these anwers. If its so obvious why don’t you do SimonE a favour and spend the 30 seconds required to dig out the answers to the challenge?

I like many have got to hear the truth behind the KingK public face - he seems to forget that this is a small community and every time he slags me off the various people are more often than not going to pick up the phone straight after - I have had several conversation along the lines of “John, I have had some nutter on the phone wittering on about honda liners/ITBs/blah blah telling me what a c4nt you are”.

Its got to the stage where I would be inclinded to twat him if we ever met. But then i am not the nicest guy in the world.

That he does such things to me - WHO SELLS NOTHING (I have no axe or busines to defend) is up to him, big enough and ugly enough ect and is to tbe frank (and honest) a bit of a c4nt myself but FFS he then ends up slagging off people like Steve Butts in terms that would get him a slap if it were me, who is as nice a guy as you are likely to meet and never stints in helping others (and AFAIK only sells odds and sods and mainly suspension) or Bernard who again is a genuinely nice guy, or Dave who has earnt his respect - come on! you have to start wondering what sort of muppet he is.

He has questons to answer, they stand as a public record.

He is ducking them again and again.

Perhaps he is so desperate to get his name on the spine of a book (spinless as he is himself) that he will do anything to avoid peer review before it come out - hence the whole “I have lodas of engines beating the world but you will have to wait for the book to read about them even thoug I have been banging on about the endlesly for years”.

Honestly Uldis - wake up and smell the bloody coffee.

Uldis doesnt need to smell coffee,hes awake already.And even awake he doesn`t wear blinkers.
Jonny

johnboy

i had hoped to stay out of this but you have beckoned me in… i don’t think this BBS needed your pointless contribution.

I have failed to understand your motive but there are unanswered questions on all sides, and for certain Uldis doesn’t need your lecture… especially as it adds no value.

I guess everyone has the right to express their opinions regardless of how “pointless” they maybe considered (after all, it’s a discussion forum).

Those close to Simon Erland will know why he hasn’t responded (something as simple as a holiday?) perhaps they could let us know where he is ?

It’s not that he must come here and justify himself, but I think it would be useful, after stirring up a storm to stick around and clear up any loose ends.

I think Bernard’s original questions were fair, and any honest tuner (professional or amateur) would have nothing lose by answering them… and maybe something to gain.

Uldis,

If you listen to everything you hear and you listen long enough you will hear horror stories about anyone and everyone. It is impossible to undertake any activity without someone attempting to knock it. However I’d suggest that there are far more good stories out there than bad otherwise people would not still be coming to me.

I don’t understand your point about your conversations with me over the 'phone, at any time did I try to extract any business from you or treat you other than fairly? As I remember I always treated you politely and gave honest and fair advice with no strings attached as I try to do to anyone who calls me. If you remember it any differently, please explain. If you don’t then please don’t try to make mileage from me trying to help you, after all you 'phoned me…

Simon’s conduct is what has prompted me to make the posting that you find distasteful, but let me explain this clearly, at least my comments are made here on an open forum rather than using the underhand tactics he has used. Until you see the tactics he has been using you would do well to reserve judgement.

I have by and large stayed out of the raging debate for some time until my hand was forced, partly by information received and forwarded by 3rd parties and partly by Simon’s appalling conduct directly experienced by me and believe me there is no misundestanding or misrepresentation there, nor is there a witchhunt, simply some shameful conduct that needs exposing for what it is.

Dave

johnboy Simon Erland (King-K) has answered many questions, many times. With his engines coming through now the hard evidence will be there to judge. All he has tried to do is point up significant errors that have been made by previous engine builders. The deluge of scorn heaped upon him by these people makes me think they doth protest too much!! Dave, given your reputation, I can’t believe how fragile you are - you need a break mate!
The K-related engine work generated by Simon’s information will keep you and many others busy for years to come. He does not have an engine-building business and so far has spent a great deal of time and his own money collating information and commissioning the parts he needs. Are you saying you know it all and have nothing to learn from him? If he has consulted people and made personal comments - tough - get real. johnboy, by your own admission you’re a bit of a cnut; so why get upset when someone phones to confirm it?

You should actually read my posts.

I have not criticised what Simon is doing with his work on the K and have supported him financially, professionally and personally in the past.

Straightforward criticism of any methodologies or components I use will be met with constructive debate one the facts are known to me. however I have very good reason to take personal issue with Simons underhand methods and believe me I am not the only one.

I should also point out that I have never asked Simon to answer any questions other than those that his own statements or assertions have led me to ask.

Dave

The K-related engine work generated by Simon’s information will keep you and many others busy for years to come

My understanding was that his “published” work was a rehashing of information previously made available by others.

What is your interest in this topic 312freeflow ?

Moi? Why, merely an interested bystander guv - keen to see fair play all round.

I will be producing the road/race exhausts for the various Erland engines - 2nd iteration on the dyno next Tuesday.

Moi? Why, merely an interested bystander guv - keen to see fair play all round.

And no commercial interest then?

Oh, most definitely your honour.

It eez a crime in thees country, no?

It eez a crime in thees country, no?

Been learning Mexican from Senor Uldis?

Considering the mayhem I have seen you raise on various other threads I’m a little surprised that you feel it appropriate to comment on my comparatively muted postings.

As you know I have appealed for fair play and calm on numerous threads involving you and SimonE and would normally feel motivated to do the same if I see unfairness or bias. However things are not always what they seem and the public personas are not always good reflections of our true selves nor expressions of our true motivations or deeds.

Dave

I will be producing the road/race exhausts for the various Erland engines - 2nd iteration on the dyno next Tuesday.

No doubt going for those all important headline power figures again then… Yawn

Jeez! Don’t you start - Uldis thinks I’m weird.

Randy, I have an exhaust which is lighter, quieter and easier to fit than what’s available at present - good power too but lacking the all-important (for most people) torque. That is the feature I’ll be tackling this time - is that ok?

thats fine. well done.