Buying new Tyres

Hi,

Anyone know the cheapest place to get Yoko A048’s. These sizes

Front tyre size 195/50 R16

Rear tyre size 225/45 R17

BookaTrack was the cheapest last time I looked. �310 for the rears fitted, can’t remember the cost of the fronts.

After phoning everbody Bookatrack was cheapest for me.

Eliseparts also do them for a decent price IIRC

how many miles people getting from tyres? 6,000 with one track day and my rears are nearly done and dusted. Though I think a couple of days on the rough roads of Wester Ross did more damage than a track day.

that’s about average - so nothing to worry about. If you enjoy the car more than back down to 4k!

Yep, Bookatrack definitely the best price at the moment and they’re at Donny on the 5th so will pop along and pick up some new fronts.

When are these bloody R888s coming out in Exige sizes? We’ve been promised for months now.

Are the Bookatrack tyres “LTS”?

I’m convinced that the “LTS” 48’s are different in manufacture to the non LTS tyres in the same sizes. In 2002 when visiting Hethel, we were informed, by Gav himself, that they were different, & this is borne out by the fact that the “LTS” tyres are used by all the Loti in the Mid Engined Series - some of the guys using a new set at each round!

My only advice on tyre wear is Don’t do donuts. My last set of rears lasted 390 miles (two track days and a bit of testing on the road. Oh and yeah a few donuts. . )

Says AO48R LTS on their website. Perhaps a more thorough search would have found this, do you want me to ask Fiona to do it for you?

Says AO48R LTS on their website. Perhaps a more thorough search would have found this, do you want me to ask Fiona to do it for you?

I’m convinced that the “LTS” 48’s are different in manufacture to the non LTS tyres in the same sizes. In 2002 when visiting Hethel, we were informed, by Gav himself, that they were different, & this is borne out by the fact that the “LTS” tyres are used by all the Loti in the Mid Engined Series - some of the guys using a new set at each round!

Pesk, I thought you’d said before that you thought they were the same?

However, I understand that Yoko took Gav a load of different sets of different sidewall stiffnesses (and possibly compound/construction) and he picked the LTS version.

Ian

I think there was a thread on Seloc a while back where a bloke sai dhe’d met the marketing man at Yokohama who admitted they were the same but just with LTS written on them.

what are R888’s?

Pesk, I thought you’d said before that you thought they were the same?

Nah Ian, that wasn’t me. Gav told Russ, JohnO & me that he’d tested dozens of different 48 tyres provided by Yoko, & the “LTS” ones were the result of his/Yoko’s efforts.

what are R888’s?

They’re Toyos, with a similar tread pattern to the 48s. The rears have been available for a while, but not sure if the fronts are yet. AFAIK, they’re not much different in price to the 48s, but perhaps someone knows for sure.

There is a poster on here who is running the Toyos on the rear of his S2, with Yokos on the front. Don’t think he is a trackday regular, but he likes “open top” motoring

Nah Ian, that wasn’t me. Gav told Russ, JohnO & me that he’d tested dozens of different 48 tyres provided by Yoko, & the “LTS” ones were the result of his/Yoko’s efforts.

Sorry for any offence caused. We clearly have the same info.

Ian

Offence? Wotchya on about, you daft bugger!

Offence? Wotchya on about, you daft bugger!

Just being polite you old fart!

Ian

Watch it grandad! Yes im running the 888r rears, the fronts have been avliable for a few weeks now, the rears arnt much different in price but the fronts were cheaper, they are also 100 hardness rather than the 48’s 60 hardness. Not Had them on track but on the road they seem very similar, should last a bit longer also the nearest garage is 2 miles away rather than 30 odd to rvl.
Gav

I know your only jealous grandad, we all know secretly you want to take the roof off yours!

But are they in S1 Exige sizes yet?