Buying new Tyres

Never mind the 48’s - does anyone know where to get a set of these from?
[image]http://fishki.net/pics4/moscow_autoshow_00.jpg[/image]

Have you tried http://www.6koles.ru

The LTS on the tyre denotes LOTUS!!! Checked the maximum load on my 48’s, is only 600 kg, so the tyre obviously has a much softer sidewall than “normal” tyre…not sure about the max load for non LTS 48’s though!

Can somebody with 888s see what the max load is on that please?

Thanks, Ian

you must have a magnifying glass there

to be truthful I have never got that far up the pic yet

still trying to work out if the middle right cheek has a different tread pattern or is just smudged!

The LTS on the tyre denotes LOTUS!!! Checked the maximum load on my 48’s, is only 600 kg, so the tyre obviously has a much softer sidewall than “normal” tyre…not sure about the max load for non LTS 48’s though!

so these tyres can’t be used with high downforce aero applications

Max load 600kg? Well I think we’re all buggered then. Anyone got an Exige that light?

I assume that was 600 kilos on each tyre. Anybody got an Exige that heavy?

Did anybody ever go to school? Surely you know that the load on the tyre can be mass x acceleration (unless you just park your car up and never drive it). 600 kg per tyre isn’t much is it considering the max dynamic acceleration and the fact that in most of the mass of the vehicle could be taken by the rear tyre alone under certain dynamic conditions…

…pop!

I’m sure 600 kg (PER REAR TYRE) is just about fine, not too soft, not too hard. I’m sure the Lotus boys have induced just about the max load anybody will ever put into the tyre, obviously discounting a major crash which would pop the ballon!!!

Did anybody ever go to school?

Of course, but it was a very long time ago for some of us

PS Ta for explaining that the “LTS” on the tyres, means Lotus - can’t remember being taught that at skool either

I remember something from school about a person weighing the same when standing on one foot as on two, but probably not relevant. Think it had something to do with a ton of lead and a ton of feathers, but not quite sure…

Please! No more physics today

It’s not real physics, it is just common sense! Of course they weight the same, but you should remember that weight is mass X acceleration too…gravity when standing still, but if you jump on the scales you should see you can “weight” a bit more!! The pressure (being force x area) is obviously double when standing on one foot, so you will probably find that it may start to ache a bit if you keep standing on it for a while!!!

I assume that was 600 kilos on each tyre. Anybody got an Exige that heavy?

Mine is that heavy going through Craners…or is that a different post