Brrrrrrr-exit . . . New Year outing in the north

Not calling for a referendum on this but an indication of interest would be appreciated.
One or two people previously asked if there was a plan for a Christmas/New Year fixture and now there is:
After consultations with my Cabinet colleagues, the idea is to meet up in Hawkshead on Sunday, Jan 6 at around 12.30.
There is a large car park available and a number of places where we can eat. Our backstop plan is The Sun Inn but we are not planning to book but might do so depending on the level of interest.

Yep, im in!

:clap: Hi Gav, thanks, I’d planned to text you but you beat me to it👍

Will need to double check with the boss as I never remember what we have on but otherwise I’m in.

Look forward to it :sunglasses:

Weather depending there might be a couple of us coming over from the north east

Excellent. It’s time we had a catch-up. :+1:

I’m in Steve

Great!

Daft excuse but at the mo can;t get either the Exige or the Elise out of the garage as I have a part dismantled Lotus on the drive blocking 'em in - waiting for parts : :crazy:

If I can shift it could be up for this : :smiley:

Correct. That is a daft excuse. But sure a man of your capabilities can solve such a problem.
I’ve not posted on Nyloc as yet but plan to PM sjw as he was asking about a poss New Year fixture. Great if you can make it.

Indeed and forgive my pappyness :smiley:

In past days I would, without hesitation, have removed the rear garage wall and laid the hundred metres of Trackway to form an alternative egress - whilst demolishing Tina’s many herbacious borders :astonished: - Exigexit can be a tricky problem :

:clap:

Might be able to manage that, have just taxed the Exige.

Great stuff. Hope to see you there.

Do we have a postcode of where we are meeting on Sunday?

Hi, the postcode i have used is for the Sun Inn which is closest to the big car park in Hawkshead. It is:
Hawkshead, Cumbria LA22 0NT

That’s great 3 - 4 cars coming over from the North East see you Sunday

Looking like a reasonable day touches wood. Hopefully I can get there, got a Lotus related errand to run in the morning but that puts me half way to Hawkshead anyway… so might as well finish the job and come say hello.

Excellent!