Bosch Motorsport M4 ABS

Nice :sunglasses: There was an S2 with a Honda+Rotrex running in TA at Brands a couple of weeks agoā€¦this one :

cool, watched the video and thought ā€˜5 speed, bet thats a quaifeā€™

Good luck with it, the geartronics will make it last much longer Iā€™m told with the closed loop control avoiding putting power back before dogs are engaged fully

Juat had a look, Baird? looks like he had issues given warm up times and no show in the final?
is this you??

I saw the car in the pit garage but did not speak to the driver. I saw it on circuit and he was struggling for traction in the damp conditions. As he put the hammer down out of Clark Curve onto the straight he enjoyed a nice moment looking at the pit wallā€¦I did the same earlier this year so it made me chuckle.

well spotted!!
Correct on power and engagement, iā€™ve heard of very expensive new dogs being ripped apart due to this.
We removed the geartronics, Syvecs S8 ECU now controls it (which also has closed loop control).
Paul Blamire (Zen Performance) is mapping.

You know too much about this Tim,ā€¦step away from the sequential :lolno:

Youā€™re not pushing otherwise!!

another day, another build. Iā€™d go sadev though on a N/A lump :wink:

engine bay before overhaulā€¦(wiring & fuel lines are being replaced)

and a bit of bling, Cermakrome coating from camcoatā€¦

Where does does your PCV valve go now?

Looking good - like the bling exhaust :sunglasses: you do need some gold in that bay though :wink:

I donā€™t think a single person has offered any input on your original ABS question ehā€¦

Havenā€™t fitted one to anything, but did look at it briefly a couple of times - it used to be less eye wateringly expensive, and almost justifiable. Then it was banned in the series we were looking at anyway.

The feedback we got from people who had fitted it, had it mapped properly and had the ability to tweak it when conditions changed, was that it made normal ABS look a bit dumb and slow witted, and non ABS equipped cars hopeless by comparison.

And before anyone says they can out brake ABS, you canā€™t when itā€™s tuned to suit what you are trying to achieve. Itā€™s not even close.

Ah, I wondered when some info on your car would surface. Great to see another S1 being built for the Time Attack Championship. Which class are you going for out of interest?

I briefly spoke to Paul (Blamire) at Silverstone about your car and he mentioned you were going for an S8, which Iā€™ve also got going on mine. Did you end up just building a patch loom or did you do something from scratch?

Anyway, best of luck with the project and hope to see you out next year. I donā€™t think there is any chance of my car being rebuilt in time but weā€™ll have to see. Iā€™m still busy sorting out the bespoke beltless dry sump system for it before we can make a start on the engine. Could be something that would work well for you to??

Cheers, Jamie

Hi Jamie,

Glad you posted up, first of all thanks for all the advice on the phone!
Would be fantastic to have you out next year so i hope circumstances change for you.
Club Pro (sequential would dictate that class as a minumum anyway)
Paul was going to just do a patch but there has been so much messing with the loom in the past that heā€™s slowly working through it all.
Iā€™ve seen your post on the sump, looks awesome, definately interested!!.

cheers

Shakedown went well (ish)

Bad bitsā€¦
Failed the sound test initially by 1dB (99) but a bit of retuning from got it through the test but weā€™d have to short shift all day :frowning:
Car was twitchy, we hadnā€™t had time to play with the geometry so we hope that will sort that.
Starter motor went towards the end of the day and had to jump start from then on.
Seat needs moving back, pedals moving back, canā€™t see gear indicator, dash doesnā€™t work properly, rear GT camera needs to be fitted.

Good bitsā€¦
Car worked all day, paddle shift now fine tuned (can now double tap if wanted and ECU will downshift 2 gears when revs match).
Traction control working and began the process of fine tuning.

cheers

More gold to come!
To be fair question was more about finding out if there was an alternative which doesnā€™t seem to be the case.

cheers for response!
its what we are hearing too

Car looks great bud.

Iā€™ve just realised that its Patrick Charltonā€™s old Team Wireless car that used to be blue. I recall that Azrael said it had rare privileges that allowed it to run in British GT?

Awesome car with an interesting historyā€¦that needs some headlight covers :wink:

I read that too.
headlight covers had to be removed as they were poorly fitted (by me) (think the sikaflex was out of date?!) :smiley:

Just done a bit of research on this as hadnā€™t heard about the unit before. Ouch. Sounds great, but thatā€™s half way to a sequential. Well for those who donā€™t have a sequential already :slight_smile:.

Wish you all the best next year. Look forward to seeing the car at some stage.