Big power boys......is it worth it....?

I’m running the hangar 111 komotech 300s, they claim 297bhp but I’ve not had it on the rollers to confirm it. It was already running this when I bought it but I couldnt imagine having any less now. I did test drive a standard 220 when I first started looking for an exige and it felt underpowered to me. This was prob due to the previous car, an MR2 turbo I had (335bhp and around 270 lbs/ft) so the exige felt a little lacking in the torque department.

Much the same as Whitey I only really use mine on the road so extra torque would be nice. Once I have a suitable gearbox solution I’ll be aiming for more power as regardless of how much you have you will get used to it and want more!

I have this set-up!

Speak to Dave at seriously lotus. They calipers are just spaced out by about 12mm.

Work GREAT!!!

forgot to answer the real question

“Big power boys…is it worth it…?”

God yes :smiley:

[quote=ade]forgot to answer the real question

God yes :smiley: [/quote]

I’m well Matt, looking forward to seeing you mate in August…fancy coming to Zandvoort on the Wednesday?

I think the above quote should bring on a… NA ROCKS :sunglasses:

and so far the 330 has been pretty reliable ?

FYI - Already have the plexi rear window…as for the wife’s underwear, I might surprise her given it’s our 10th aniversary coming up !

\

[quote=jonnyfox][quote=ade]forgot to answer the real question

God yes :smiley: [/quote]

I’m well Matt, looking forward to seeing you mate in August…fancy coming to Zandvoort on the Wednesday?

I think the above quote should bring on a… NA ROCKS :sunglasses:[/quote]

Already too deep into brownie points with the wife (that almost sounds rude!) to make it till wednesday I’m afraid. I’ll be dashing back on the Tues night assuming no mishaps.

How do I get the number of these JSR people you speak of ?

Thanks

Matt

You can always try their website :smiley:

01384 240890

The reliability of the Toyota at 300bhp is fine for a few years or 35k miles I’d imagine. The gearbox will die before the engine.

Mine had 270bhp when I sold it and it had covered 84,000 miles and was still going strong and that was driven on road everyday and on track. Regular oil changes and maintenance and you’ll be fine.

As a track car is it worth it…?

No…It’s like David and Goliath…David has no sling, one sandle and the sun is in his eyes…

If you want to be a track star buy a proper track car and use the extra money for tires and such…

[quote=series_one]

01384 240890 [/quote]

Cheeky!!! :smiley:

And surprise, check out www.jsracing.info :wink:

[quote=Dwarf101]and so far the 330 has been pretty reliable ?

FYI - Already have the plexi rear window…as for the wife’s underwear, I might surprise her given it’s our 10th aniversary coming up ! [/quote]

The car has been faultless, and its my daily driver and driven “properly” every single day.

[quote=JDS][quote=series_one]

01384 240890 [/quote]

And surprise, check out www.jsracing.info :wink: [/quote]

WOOOHOO! Well done! :smiley: :sunglasses:

[quote=JDS][quote=series_one]

01384 240890 [/quote]

And surprise, check out www.jsracing.info :wink: [/quote]

Yes yes yes, so I have tinterweb usage deficiency syndrome - but come on - their web site is down the page on sensible searches!!

Interestingly, I had a good chat with John earlier - very nice chap and as you’d expect very knowledgeable. Long story short the Audi options sound very tempting and certainly make sense if you factor in some offsetting recovery from selling your existing engine etc but for me the timescales involved unfortunately don�t work.

Matt

Sorry Frank, not with you, am I David or Goliath in this scenario…:slight_smile:

I live outside the UK and as such try to make do with one car does it all - drive to track, proceed to thrash knackers off said car, drive home. Additionally there is the odd longer trip - Spa, Dijon. If I was in a position to have other cars I think a proper track motor on a trailer would be my preference but as it is I can’t think of a better car for me right now than the Exige (accept maybe a 911 GT3 but that’s another story…heresy ! Stone him…!)

\

[quote=frank]As a track car is it worth it…?

No…It’s like David and Goliath…David has no sling, one sandle and the sun is in his eyes…

If you want to be a track star buy a proper track car and use the extra money for tires and such…

[/quote]

I’d look at weight mate…seats, boot lid, wheels, roof and so on to below 895 but not enough to remove long distance comforts. Same time the next step to increase your Gotham tune to 270-280 and leave it. Sell the OEM stuff on, safe power regards gearbox and an improved power to weight making a noticeable difference. All quickly done left in the hands Essex or JSR.

Dwarf if this your only car stay off the track with it… On track there are no accidents…Even with track day coverage it’s not worth it if you wreck.

On track is the only place you can enjoy these cars to anywhere near their potential.

[quote=DaveP]
On track is the only place you can enjoy these cars to anywhere near their potential.[/quote]

Exactly, & in a much safer environment than on the road.

It may be different in the good ol’ US of A though! :smiley:

[quote=DaveP]
On track is the only place you can enjoy these cars to anywhere near their potential. [/quote]

I completely … disagree :smiley: I can go much faster on the M54 than I can round church corner at Anglesey and with not a hint of under/oversteer or body roll - much safer :smiley: