Best mod / worst mod

Took almost a year to get delivered. Then delivered incomplete and stated will join up to oem down pipe. Ofcourse it did not so wasted time and money disassembling, trying to fit, phone calls, anger, disbelief, reassemble oem.
Wait further months for downpipe delivery.

They were badly made.
Not equal length ! ! !
And did not fit due to being badly made. Were a complete mofo to fit. Grinding. Bending. Ofcourse you only discover this when installing so you have no idea when you receive the shiny items in the parcel that they are poorly made.

No refund partial or whole. Just excuses.

Way too loud - have connected it it to: larini, OEM, Lotus Sport, 2bular backboxes all with similar result just different tone. (Yes I have a whole collection here :crazy_face: -for sale if anyone wants) His back box does however crackle and pop better than all the others.

The 2bular supplied sport cat lasted less than 5000km.

No question it added power but the whole experience was hateful and itā€™s such a big job to fit I cannot face removing it for another or back to OEM.

V6 - Evora tip: change the backbox/muffler donā€™t bother with manifolds. Afterall the stock ones are fine with 430bhp.

Sorry to hear that; never heard so mixed reviews about a company before, some love 'em, so hate 'em! Was this on an Evora or an S1? Looking at back box options for my S1; current (Janpeed oval) is a bit too short so is recessed in the rear clam.

I intended going the 2Bular route for my S1, but tired of the missed ā€˜done byā€™ dates, constant excuses and poor communication.

Initially I believed all the hype about craftsmanship canā€™t be hurried and all the other idiosyncrasies. Eventually it all wore too thin and I gave up trying.

Now I have an Eliseparts system and am perfectly happy with it. I also have a complete, brand new OE system should I wish to revert to standard spec.

It is an interesting tale, Jim has certainly produced some fantastic kit (and results) at various times in his Lotus orientated career and thatā€™s obviously enough to carry his reputation through the lower points. As Iā€™ve found, there are actually very few options available for off-the-shelf 2zz systems for the Exige, certainly fewer than there used to be and from reading through various historic posts/forums etc it seems like the 2bular line up has simply beaten the competition into submission.

I do have my concerns over the fitment and quality of the 2bular components that Iā€™ve had hands-on with in the past, but these may just coincide with a time where Jim had an unsuccessful attempt to scale out/outsource a bit. At the price point of a full system Iā€™m not willing to roll the dice on him, even though itā€™s clear that his kit gets really good results once it eventually arrives and is bullied into fitting correctly.

My Eliseparts one is similar - exits well clear of the bodywork and is angled slightly downwardsā€¦quite reminiscent of the original Ford GT40 (or so I like to tell myself!) :thumbup:

Hereā€™s mine

Lovely, looks like its had some TLC

My best mode was either the Ohlins or extending the steering column to bring the wheel closer and improve the driving position.

Worst mod by far was the Accusump. Sprayed oil all over the hot engine bay at Silverstone, luckily no fire, and failed to protect the engine at Spa.
Much happier now with the full dry sump system.

Correct, Will, bugger all else to do as an ā€œold and vulnerableā€ person!

Hopefully things will start to open up a bit next week before youā€™ve polished through the clear coat.

:thumbup:

Great idea for a thread.

Interesting experiences on 2bular exhausts. I would rate the 2bular cat back system I ordered direct through Jim as one of the best mods to my Exige. It still retains original manifold which seems to have been a lucky decision based on others experiences as I was tempted to replace the whole system. Initially I must admit the sound lost a little of the zingy raspyness of the original but the car runs so much better with it and the sound has improved with some good running in.

Im not sure you should contribute to this thread because you hardly made any modifications to your car.

Aye

:laughing:

Triggers broom :thumbup:

To be fair, I wasnā€™t far behind you.
The worst was easily the Marston aerospace F1 A/A intercooler. Ā£2.5k. Ffs. Just go chargecooler people.
Not sure the 3 way nitrons were worth the ā€˜investmentā€™ over the one ways.
Proper geo was probably the best although gearbox mods to take 340 hp were probably the most sensible

Tell more about the A/A intercooler anc itā€™s reassuringly expensive price tag.

Not the sexiest of mods, but ā€¦

I have a cracked plastic mat retaining thingy and may replace them with a set of the black alloy fastenings, however it looks as if the base of the factory fixing post is riveted from underneath plus a blob of black mastic. Is this correct ? Drilling out the rivet is fine but not if bits drop into the void below and rattle around.

Sorry WHAT?!?