Best mod / worst mod

What would you class as the best mod and worst mod you have done to your exige?

Best
Sorted out the fuelling and chargecooler

Worst
Not sure I have one … yet …

Hmmm tough one. Can’t really judge any of the big ticket items yet that I installed over winter…

Using my previous Elise instead I would have to say:

Best:
Suspension refurb, got rid of so many squeeks/groans/etc - made the car feel like new. Proper gelled with the car after that.

Worst:
Probably a baffled sump I got on the cheaper end of the market. It was allegedly an OEM sump with a baffle welded in, I later learned that it looked an awful lot like the OEM 1zz sump (and suspected it was one) which had the windage tray welded into the sump rather than on the block like the 2zz has. The new owner then went on to blow up the engine in that car, forensics haven’t happened yet - but based on what we retrospectively learned about the sump it certainly is a front runner.

Best mod
Weight reduction, lots of Carbon
Worst mod
Extra Big bore exhaust manifold, it cost a fortune to map back in the lost power along with new injectors, all for 3hp peak and about 10lb/ft mid range torque

Interesting. Did you go from OEM manifold to a big bore mani or OEM → Non OEM → Extra Big bore ?

Evora S here, but best (and only) mod has been the fitting of a TVS1900 supercharger. Fantastic upgrade :sunglasses:

1 Like

Best on my Exige S2 was 260 kit, harnesses and Ohlins

and Sparco alcantara wheel - Have you got it fitted yet Kyle?

OEM to 2bular big bore to 2bular extra big bore, size isn’t everything :unamused:

To be fair though this is all development and sometimes you find it doesn’t work and other times little things make a huge difference

I also tried 4 or five rear boxes and silenced decats on the way as well.

Ok, thats worth knowing for when my OEM manifold goes kaput. Thanks for the input :slight_smile:

Ade what’s your view on Jim at 2bular 6" Silencer for the Exige ? Considering ordering one

Best mod would possibly be fitting Powerflex mounts and uprated gearbox oil. Improved the gear change.
Worst mod, cant think of one. :crazy:

Certainly do, so far so good… though not done many miles with it yet!!

Nice gauge… Oil temp and pressure?

Yep but that’s not in anymore, swapped out for a SPA design one over winter. Same monitors but just a few fancier features

Best - aggressive geo

Worst - 2bular manifolds

What was bad about the 2bular manifolds?

If you use your car on track basically don’t, it will sound awesome but be way too noisy. The biggest issues with all the SC cars especially when you run smaller pulleys is the packing, if I were to buy another S2 I’d be buying a repackable silencer and I’d learn how to pack it properly.

Now to talk about Jim, he is a victim of his own success, he is too busy to supply everyone and has never really found partners to make his parts that the quality is good enough, he can also be very Scottish and rather brash, but his stuff he makes is amazing quality if you can get it. Would I buy from him again, god yes, I’d just expect to have to wait for it.

I guess my worst one was the katana kit, never made the power and had issues… best one is difficult… probably either the Nitrons or the 280s kit… or my new seats :slight_smile:

Best mod was the 260 upgrade for my second S2 and the worst mod was fitting the larini race back box with inter changeable straight through or second resonator for my first S2. Without the second resonator the car would scream, don’t get me wrong it was a fantastic sound but after 15 minutes my ears couldn’t take it any more. Then after a couple of months the super charger blew the fibre glass packing out and covered the rear of the car in fibre glass filaments :joy:

Best mod on my S2 was the 260 upgrade from 240 along with the seats and harnesses, worst mod was allowing the ride height to be lowered when I upgraded the suspension, just wore holes in the wheel arches under heavy breaking. Got a full geo done and ride height raised and it drove like a dream

On the v6 the best has to be the 2bular exhaust