best insurance advice please

where is the best place to insure my elise and alfa?
I am puting a vhpd engine in my elise amongst loads of other changes to bodywork, will be racing it and doing loads of trackdays and business mileage etc
I’d like to also get my alfa on the same policy.
advice please, my initial thought was autotorque but thought you guys might know better
Thanks in advance

I am puting a vhpd engine in my elise amongst loads of other changes to bodywork, will be racing it and doing loads of trackdays and business mileage etc
advice please, my initial thought was autotorque but thought you guys might know better
Thanks in advance

Yep,

Footman James cover both my Alfa and Exige…HOWEVER…it turns out that It would have been cheaper to use Esure for the Alfa 20,000 miles p.a. and Heritage for the Exige…if only I hadnt been so hasty…never mind, next time!

have you got them under the same policy or different policies?

Maddog

On topic - you’ll need 2 separate policies. Unless you intend to use for, I wouldn’t insure the Elise for business use, & I’d also restrict the mileage (be realistic!)

Sorry off topic, but are you going to fit carbon clams, & other items of carbon bodykit?

Thanks in advance

Yep,

Footman James cover both my Alfa and Exige…HOWEVER…it turns out that It would have been cheaper to use Esure for the Alfa 20,000 miles p.a. and Heritage for the Exige…if only I hadnt been so hasty…never mind, next time!

Not sure to be honest…2 different policy numbers but with AXA, but it must be the same policy as the discount on the Exige was because obviously I wouldnt be driving both cars at once!

And Footman James are recommended by Club Lotus and obviously know all about Exiges so no problems if I had to make a claim!

Maddog

Sorry off topic, but are you going to fit carbon clams, & other items of carbon bodykit?

I haven’t decided yet but probably

back on the topic, who is that bloke from Autotorque? is it worth having a chat with him?

Maddog

I haven’t decided yet but probably

back on the topic, who is that bloke from Autotorque? is it worth having a chat with him?

Lets have a sweep as to how long after you call them they call you back with a quote…dont hold your breath!

mmmmmmm that good huh, I only need to renew on the 4th of Feb so have a couple of weeks

mmmmmmm that good huh, I only need to renew on the 4th of Feb so have a couple of weeks

No chance in that case!

No chance in that case!

Dave

Autotorque: 0161 278 5226 ask for John or Chris.

I can only presume that Bertone’s Geordie accent confuses them when he phones

I think they need a new one of these - old one must be broke:

[image]http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00004UCVB.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg[/image]

Dave

Autotorque: 0161 278 5226 ask for John or Chris.

I can only presume that Bertone’s Geordie accent confuses them when he phones

Ah divent kna wa yus taakin aboot marra!!!

Oh, & who would believe you drive an Exige?

[image]http://southshieldsphoto.co.uk/archive/geordie.jpg[/image]

Oh, & who would believe you drive an Exige?

[image]> http://southshieldsphoto.co.uk/archive/geordie.jpg> [/image]

But youve missed my whippet off!

Got to go soon and get the coal out of the bath and fix the outside netty door!

Can you still buy Woodbines?

Maddog,

For what its worth I called Autotorque and spoke to Chris who sounded a decent bloke and a total petrol head. Gave them my details and they came back 1 day later with a quote for the exige and an m3. Not bad pricing. Both on classic policies with mileage limits via Royal and Sun Alliance - were same prices as my current renewal with AON (also via Royal and Sun Alliance). Odd that ! AON might be worth a try - they used to do the Lotus Esteem policies.

As pesky says limit the mileage - you can always increase it by paying more as the year develops if you need to. Saves you paying for miles that you might not do.

(spot the Scotsman brought up in Yorkshire - pockets not just sewn up but surgically removed )

Maddog,

For what its worth I called Autotorque and spoke to Chris who sounded a decent bloke and a total petrol head. Gave them my details and they came back 1 day later with a quote for the exige and an m3. Not bad pricing. Both on classic policies with mileage limits via Royal and Sun Alliance - were same prices as my current renewal with AON (also via Royal and Sun Alliance). Odd that ! AON might be worth a try - they used to do the Lotus Esteem policies.

As pesky says limit the mileage - you can always increase it by paying more as the year develops if you need to. Saves you paying for miles that you might not do.

(spot the Scotsman brought up in Yorkshire - pockets not just sewn up but surgically removed )

Oh fcuk, maybe it was my accent after all!!!

To jump on this post too, which ones give a decent price including some track day cover?

AON ‘gives’ me 5 free track days per year

Tim.

in my case… 24 years young, 7yrs NCD, no points… best price was… >… TESCO!

�750 ish fully comp