Back to Western Australia (via Sydney) in a Exige! 5000km!

Hi guys,

Flying out in a few hour to cross the country to take ownership of a 2006 Exige S. Then to drive it back to Perth Western Australia!

Around 5000km

Enjoy this trip with me right here on this thread!

Posts will be forthcoming as the trip progresses.

:crazy:

We like you already :smiley: looking forwards to reading about your journey!

hope the aircon works!

That is more mileage than some of our cars have done in 2 years, going to love watching this thread :slight_smile:

Wow! That’s all really.

Except maybe get some headphones/ear defenders for the trip?

Something to get all the red dust out afterwards

That’s some journey!

Have a great one…

Mark

Again…good luck, enjoy!

Please post video!

Ear defenders, new airfilter, plenty of screenwash :thumbup:

Driving south via Adelaide or straight over?

The big journeys are always epic, enjoy!

Ear defender’s not necessarily in a S2 Steve

Hey, Tim, you just looked at my “stolen” avatar and assumed it was me … .
Pierre kindly agreed to try out my avatar and made it work. I still can’t retrieve mine and have more or less given up on it. So I’m still blank ( in all sorts of ways) :crazy:

opps sorry Steve :unamused:

No problem, Tim. I can easily be mistaken for Pierre . . tall, dark, handsome, gorgeous girlfriend, trans-European traveller, international man of mystery :wink:

He’s a bit of dude isn’t he, makes you sick :mrgreen:

Flew from Perth to Sydney and arrived at 6:00am in the morning.

Went to look at sydney harbour and the opera house + the Sydney harbour bridge.
opera house reduce.jpg
sydney harbour reduce.jpg

After having a coffee and breakfast on the harbour foreshore, went to Simply sports cars to pick up the car.

My new car was the one straight ahead but many toys here, including an auto Exige V6.
SSC premises reduce.jpg

The car was looked over and an extra had been omitted so this was fitted which put us behind a couple of hours.
Then headed down the Hume highway towards Canberra. Whilst driving on this run the car was missing and and was very loud. So stopped and called SSC. Missing was due to the traction control being full on, so this was dailed back and was easily fixed. The loudness was due to a sports exhaust which was a surprise as I had questioned the saler and was informed it was stock!

So ear plugs were necessary, lucky I was prepared and had brought some for the trip.

Made Wagga Wagga for the first nights stay. This is about 2hours west of Canberra city. Had a pub meal on the main street. Then back to the hotel.
sign wagga wagga reduced.jpg
mercury hotel wagga wagga.jpg

The next day was going to be a long one, we had 893km to make to our accomadation in the Barrosa Valley South Australia.

Got up and was misty, went to Mc Donalds for breakfast and was on our way. The trip took us through the Hay plains, with many cotton plantations and a small intrusion into Victoria before entering South Australia.
entering SA reduced 1.jpg
Vic sign.jpg