AO48 Front Wheel Wobble?

Try them for yourself? They only last a few days so if you don’t like them just switch back.

I have just bought another set of 48s (literally 1 week ago), I will try them next time …

R888 are Great Mate!

In fact I actually preferred them to AO48 because:-

1: Cheaper!

2: Rubber up quicker and give really consistant grip

3: Are better in the damp

4: The tread is ‘open’ to the edge, so in the rain they shed water MUCH better than the A048!!!

:smiley:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Everything he says^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I like 48’s

Much stiffer sidewalls.

[quote=SeanB]I like 48’s

Much stiffer sidewalls.[/quote]

You need them with that anchor in the back! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[quote=SeanB]I like 48’s

Much stiffer sidewalls. [/quote]

When you get over th ‘48’s’ the sidewalls tend to soften… and the other bits go bald.

I take it that ppl dont really rate 048’s then, personally when I had R888’s fitted to just the rear you could tell they were not as rigid, and I’m by no means the worlds best driver or all that technical when it comes to these things but there was definitely a difference in how stiff the car felt, got used to it tho and aggree with everything previously said about the R888.

Anyway I’ve been looking at the options availiable at camskill for R888’s and I see there are different compounds? so basically I’m wondering what ppl tend to go for? I suppose softer is better for the instant grip but in general wont last as long.

can anyone see any issues if I decided to go for the medium compound on the back and soft front? cos I’ve used a set of rears in a year and only like 3 trackdays, fast ppl that do a trackday every other week must be on a set a month or less, like I said I’m not technical on these things so any input/advice is appreciated :slight_smile:

GG or medium is what most seem to use all round.

I prefer 48’s for dry track use. M compound though not LTS. As a road and track tyre then 888’s are the way IMO

Spent weeks and ���� trying to balance "048"s even sent one wheel to a “wheel straightener” with no improvement.

Swiched to 888’s on Pesky’s advice and never anymore trouble.
Well not from the wheel balance anyway…trouble then moves to the bearings and toelinks and so on… all in the quest for speed .:slight_smile:

I had a wheel wobble with my car when I first got it. However since Steve Guglielmi carried out a geo on the car, it’s been fine since!

Mine was MOT’d last week and looking at the 888s that were on the car I thought that they were just a bit too close for comfort so I swapped wheels to another set I have which are fitted with A048s.

Guess what - yep - wobble at 70ish mph ! Put the 888s back on - no wobble !

[quote=ConMcL]Mine was MOT’d last week and looking at the 888s that were on the car I thought that they were just a bit too close for comfort so I swapped wheels to another set I have which are fitted with A048s.

Guess what - yep - wobble at 70ish mph ! Put the 888s back on - no wobble ! [/quote]

Does this mean you actualy drove it on the road Con? I’ve only ever seen it on a trailer or a track :wink:

[quote=ConMcL]Mine was MOT’d last week and looking at the 888s that were on the car I thought that they were just a bit too close for comfort so Martin swapped wheels to another set I have which are fitted with A048s.

Guess what - yep - Martin reported wobble at 70ish mph ! Put the 888s back on - he said no wobble ! [/quote]

EFA :wink:

Yes - STOP PRESS ! Car spotted on road !
… and for once the martin or Steve didn’t help me with the most basic of jobs - i.e change the the tyres.

I know its hard to believe. Hell I even softened off the nitrons before heading out. Might get round to fitting some carbon soon :wink:

[quote=ConMcL]Yes - STOP PRESS ! Car spotted on road !
… and for once the martin or Steve didn’t help me with the most basic of jobs - i.e change the the tyres.

I know its hard to believe. Hell I even softened off the nitrons before heading out. Might get round to fitting some carbon soon :wink: [/quote]

Don’t be starting those tactics or I’ll have to add a gay supercharger ! :wink:

You know you want one really :wink:

You know you want one really :wink: [/quote]

You big gay :smiley: lol

In my experience tyre testing should not be carried out by big girls anyway…