Anyone using the Sinclaire / Gotham ECU - Exige S

Hi all,

I am pretty convinced I will be going for this mod shortly, through Sinclaire’s, but just wanted to see if anyone has tried it?

It takes you from 220 to about 270 bhp from an ECU and injector upgrade from Gotham.

Ade is your man, he should be along shortly.

Cool, thanks FC.

Ade is my regular helper, along with Chris and a few others!

I had the tune and bigger injectors fitted at Sinclaires.They did it in a couple of hours on a saturday morning whilst I waited.Prior to this I fitted the pro alloy charge cooler which resulted in a much more crisper and alive feeling engine.The gotham tune really put the iceing on the cake.Its not been dynoed as yet but the old seat of the pantsometer is well up the scale.Its more torquier yes, but top end rush is transformed.Cold starting,hot starting,trundling around town is how the car felt as standard out of the factory.The car sometimes stalls at junctions or the like but then it also did this from new.Regards Jim.

What does this cost? If work settles down I’m seriously thinking of changing to an S and getting it tweaked. Don;t want to spent silly money but an older S fettled for the track sounds good right now.

Charge cooler plus vat was 1938 pounds.I fitted this myself over a long weekend.Gotham tune was around 1200 pounds fitted.For around 3 grand I believe I have gained around 60 plus horses.

Can anyone explain technically why the bigger injectors are needed?

The standard ones reach their duty cycle limit.

The remap adds more boost therefore you need more fuel to make the correct air fuel ratio. This means the standard ones just aren’t big enough.

I think the new ones are 440?

I was under the impression that the Gotham does not increase any boost. Just ignition timing, fueling, throttle, and the likes.

The standard ones reach their duty cycle limit.

The remap adds more boost therefore you need more fuel to make the correct air fuel ratio. This means the standard ones just aren’t big enough.

I think the new ones are 440?

Reaches their duty cycle limit? Really? Does anyone have the data?

No but I would be interested!

I’ve owned many turbo charged cars and a decent power hike has generally meant switching to bigger injectors.

That said it’s a question I did ask myself when I say the contents of the upgrade.

Can anyone confirm on the boost? I find it difficult to believe 40-50 bhp can be liberated just from ignition timing, and a slightly leaner mixture. The dyno charts I have seen show only a slightly leaner AFR, and that would only be wort a handful of bhp. And you can’t advance the timing THAT much without causing some harm.

If there is no boost rise then there certainly would be no need for injectors.

There is no increase in boost from the Gotham tune, the gain is made from allowing the throttle to open fully rather than how it is from the factory at about 65%.
The larger injectors are required as the std one are almost at full duty cycle when running 220hp so you have to go up a size to 430cc
There are additions coming that are extra over the Gotham and are in development as we speak. If you need anymore information speak to Wayne at Sinclaire.
I know he does a package deal if you get the Gotham and Charge cooler fitted together and AFAIK it can be installed in a day.

How much does the Gotham tune cost ?

Do you have to have the new charge cooler?

The charge cooler is �1650 + VAT + fitting
The Gotham tune AFAIK is �1000 + VAT fitted

My car has the entire shooting match see Here
Also added a few more bits since then to, new long range fuel tank and Lotus Sport TRD Cup255 airbox

The TRD airbox is great, had it fitted to my standard S and it made a big difference.

The noise is great not convinced you get any power from it though

I have to agree, the noise level increases and throttle response ‘maybe’ - doesn’t feel like any more power though.

I would just like to know how much extra does it cost,insurance wise once these mods have been done.Many thanks.

I would just like to know how much extra does it cost,insurance wise once these mods have been done.Many thanks.

That will depend on many factors - eg your own details (age/driving history), & whether or not your insurer will cover a modified car.