Any one had a resonance on the intake area?

i had also been told that Daytuner at tadcaster has done work for Jonny on seloc and performance autocare in Knaresborough in harrogate

You best get someone booked in then, stat!

ok, so greg tried altering settings but still not right,idle flare and slight pulsing still .I have changed the idle control valve for a new one off ebay (says denso but could be a copy) ,just to see if it changes anything,it now idles at around 1400,no good ,but maybe tweaked in the software may help.the car also seems slowish to come down from revs
I run the EMU black ,anyone know the pin outs for the idle control,ill try check continuity from ecu to idle plug, to eliminate a loom issue,although it didnt have one before so shouldnt now

Hi fella.

By swapping out the IACV from the one that Greg had just mapped in ( albeit with still a flare ) you have added in another new variable.

You have to stop firing the parts cannon at the problem.

Either now stick with the IACV and ask Greg to relook , or move back to the one that he just tweaked and say that its still not good.

The slight pulsing on idle is normal BTW. Mine does it. You can tweak it for hours but you cannot eliminate it. I have tweaked it for hours, and not eliminated it.

Can you upload a video of your rev flair and drop on startup?

Hi Andy , I swapped to the new one on Greg’s instructions , he seemed to think that the old one wasn’t responding as it should , hopefully he will set this one to match the map
I want the pin outs to check the loom as he also mentioned it could be a bust wire, but I want to check it to remove that possibility and save his time . Will try load a video of the Rev flare ,the old iacv I removed had a good idle but Greg said change it because he couldn’t stop the flare. I did wonder if the butterfly should be closed and the iacv then controls the idle , if it was open could this make it harder for the iacv as more air would be available

I found this to check the operation of the IACV

hi Andy ,thanks for that and will check it once i have worked out what the ECT is??

its going back to H111 for greg to sort

1 Like

So before i go tomorrow to H111, just checked the TPS at idle is at zero,but whilst it idles the resonating noise is still present.I also noticed the idle control was set to PWM, in the drop down there are various options ,i noticed 3 wire pwm and clicked that (rightly or wrongly) the revs increased slightly and the resonance stopped immediately ,put PWM back and the noise comes straight back.could this be my issue??

Dont second guess it. Let Greg sort it out.

PWM for reference is pulse width modulation.

I will do , it was just an observation

If you’re now comfortable connecting a laptop, if you want you’re welcome to send me a copy of your map and I can compare it with some other cable throttle maps I have on file from other community members.

Once you’re connected with the EMU client, click on File - Save Project As and then save it as a file somewhere. If you get that far, drop me a PM and I’ll share my e-mail address so you can attach it.

May not find anything, especially not without a corresponding log but I can check some obvious things.

1 Like

Cheers for that , I am down there tomorrow so will let Greg have a go first and if that’s ok , I think I had read somewhere you had got your EMU idle better on your car

1 Like

Yep did lots of work with my idle, but I don’t think it will be very transferrable to a cable throttle car.

With a small irony I have tweaked the idle on my cable throttle but not on a EMU!

I thought of doing that but Greg said the TPS was at 4% which cocked the map up?

1 Like

Any updates?

Nothing yet Andy ,he is looking at it Wednesday ,as he is over at minster engines running that place till then .
Drive down 220 miles was ok on the motorway(full tank of fuel which i thought was not great ) ,a total bitch at junctions for stalling and rev lagging.Noticed on gear changes the revs crept up then fell between shifts.I appreciate its all to cock with the 3 idle control ,so hopefully Wednesday i may have some better news

So update on my car at H111 they Had to tweak voltage on the TPS and small adjustment on the Idle settings but main issue was the original mapping for the idle was using feedback data and the idle control wasn’t setup correctly for it.
So I hope the car is all ok now , think he’s checking cold start today

1 Like