Any one had a resonance on the intake area?

If only you knew someone that knows how to clean the IACV on a throttle body from an early s2 that’s super charge converted…

Hold On Seriously GIF by WWE

I maybe in touch Andy, i will let Greg come back to me and see what he says, i am thinking to do the IACV any way, just didnt want to mess until he’s got back to me with other possible routes to try.
One question, can the IACV water be bypassed just for ease of swap units until i cure it? and can it be removed/cleaned on the car?

Yes the coolant circuit through the TB can be bypassed and left like that forever if you wish.

It cannot be cleaned on the car. It’s only 4 bolts mind, a clip the hold on the throttle cable and two jubilee clips for the water heating circuit.

, water cooled intercooler may have to be moved to gain access I think ,the link for the water would be temporary until its all fixed

i may buy a spare going forward,should a celica 1,8 1999-2005 fit ?

I really wouldnt bother matey. Not until you really, really need to.

ok, just saw one for £40, though it might come in or at least practice cleaning it

so throttle body taken off and found the idle control valve in very poor condition with gunk ,so clean and freed,need a new gasket ,but hopefully this should help cure my issues…

Sounds positive but I’m amazed that this wasn’t checked when TB issues were suspected during the initial install!

was told it was …

so cleaned and all back together,still has idle flare on start up (god i hate that!!) I adjusted the butterfly setting screw before i took it off because i thought there was too much of an air gap round the butterfly ,i may need to increase this back slightly tomorrow and see if it alters anything.Then need Greg to look again …?
Fonzey, if Greg’s a no go i’ll have to visit and pay you to just check/look at idle flare thing :wink:

start up flare still present :sob:,must be ecu ? idle cold around 1500 drops to 1000,then if revved may dip to 800 ish and then settles 1000.does this sound right it seems better ,not gone for a blast yet all done in the garage

Thats the idle correction part of the map depending on the engine temp.

It sounds like the revs are dropping too much and then correcting to 1000RPM.

I suspect your engine was cold when you did this and when the water temps are higher it will correct itself a little less - ie rev , drop to 900 and hold.

If it does you need more correction on the cold water temp part of the idle map, or accept it

cheers Andy, emailed Greg ,see what he says

hopefully see what saturday brings…

Happy to take a look if you don’t get anywhere. My experience messing with idle/startup may not be too applicable to your car because mine is DBW and it’s handled quite differently, but there’s a few settings we can review.

If your sticky IACV was throwing things out, there’s a chance quite a bit of your map needs looking at. If you’re not comfortable exporting logs and getting Greg connected remotely then in all honesty you need to find a local mapper and just get it sorted properly. You could be chasing your tail for months.

thanks for the offer ,much appreciated ,its more a second opinion and you may notice something,i hope Greg can get it sorted this saturday .will keep you updated.Its finding a r/r local that is ok with the emu black stuff

I don’t have first hand experience with either of these, but I know both have touched an EMU on a Lotus. Dave @ Seriously Lotus works with Phil @ GG regularly.

2 Likes

Paul @ RS tuning sorted my cable throttle mapping.