Another Winter (ahem!) Project !

They are actually pretty easy to work on - It’s really just a case of getting stuck in and having a go (and then hoping you have someone helpful on the end of the phone when it all looks wrong! - hence my thank you’s above !! Hahaha !)

Lots of swearing and cut hands, but I think that’s part of the bonding between me and my car now… there’s a fair bit of my blood and sweat invested into it now !

yeah finger out Dave, you’ve been at it before i even started mine…

although to be fair ive not laid a finger on it since it got back from donington last Oct… Feeling the urge to finish off the last few bits now mind :slight_smile:

oh loverly build - basically outlining what I’d like next winter to hold :confused:

Oh and I can 100% say I’ll be on track at Anglesey!

Just maybe in a rented R300 :smiley:

[quote=DaveP]
They are actually pretty easy to work on - It’s really just a case of getting stuck in and having a go (and then hoping you have someone helpful on the end of the phone when it all looks wrong! - hence my thank you’s above !! Hahaha !)

Lots of swearing and cut hands, but I think that’s part of the bonding between me and my car now… there’s a fair bit of my blood and sweat invested into it now ! [/quote]

I couldn’t agree more, I’ve had sooo much help and sent out sooo many text messages and emails…but once you get stuck in its not so bad.

Nice Dave :sunglasses: … Maybe people will fill 20 odd pages of your thread asking why you haven’t super charged it lol :smiley:

Just passed a KFC Supercharger ad on my way home and thought it quite timely :smiley:

Agreed, modded cars always have a stronger bond with the owner.

[quote=jonnyfox][quote=DaveP]

Lots of swearing and cut hands, but I think that’s part of the bonding between me and my car now… there’s a fair bit of my blood and sweat invested into it now ! [/quote]

I couldn’t agree more, I’ve had sooo much help and sent out sooo many text messages and emails…but once you get stuck in its not so bad.

Nice Dave :sunglasses: … Maybe people will fill 20 odd pages of your thread asking why you haven’t super charged it lol :smiley: [/quote]

I think they are just harsh on you because you need a supercharger mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yea yea we’ll see lol

very nice build, make me think of my project

chop chop John :smiley:

When we do John, I’m going to give you 300bhp below 8000rpm and another 60bhp on a steering wheel push to pass button, then we’ll play who’s got a supercharger…

Looking good Dave, it’s therapy you know

Pedal box … Ha ha …

Johnny the ‘nitrous’ Fox !

About time for an update Dave!!! Funnily enough, I was going to message you tonight to see how you were getting on. Looking good and the worst bits done.

Sweet!

The thing is if Davey goes SC the fun of the Trackdays will be gone as there will be no-one to chase :wink:

[quote=AndyD]Looking good Dave, it’s therapy you know

Pedal box … Ha ha … [/quote]

Would you believe I got the entire original pedal box out the bottom into the cabin in one piece ?

Mucho swearing was involved I tell ya - I didn’t know the cheat of cutting the windscreen surround !!

Another great build project! I’ve lost track of who’s doing what :smiley:

Wish I had the ability, funds, space, time etc to do something like this myself.
Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Will give you a buzz tomorrow bud… need to hear the latest plans !

When we do John, I’m going to give you 300bhp below 8000rpm and another 60bhp on a steering wheel push to pass button, then we’ll play who’s got a supercharger… [/quote]

You’re as bad as the rest :smiley:

Got a bit more done over the last few days - slowly slowly catchy monkey (whatever that means!)

Rear subframe back on - now strengthened and a bit blingy.

IMG_0971 by CoreDaveP, on Flickr

New rear T45 / spherical joint wishbones in place - note to self, next time put the wishbones in before the engine !

IMG_0970 by CoreDaveP, on Flickr

Hopefully the new RBC intake manifold will help release a few more horses to help keep up with Jonny’s new NA beastie !

Plenty more room there now the bulkhead has gone, this manifold wouldn’t have even fit before.

IMG_0972 by CoreDaveP, on Flickr