Another itch..

Fair play Ben, can’t wait to see it in the flesh at Donno.

Cheers guys!

My money is on an M3/M4 Chris :smiley:

Nice addition to the collection Ben! Would love to see it in action!

Would be great to see you again Graham.

Out on Fri 4/9 and Tue 6/10 at Donny if you can make it bud…

And you too Ben! I can’t make the 4th sep as I’m entered in the Promanade Stages rally but I’m off work for the October date so will try and pop down.

:smiley:

:thumbdown: :mrgreen:

You lucky, lucky boy.
You must have a very accommodating Missus (answers on a postcard…)

Ordering a m135i for my mum to replace her (shite) mk7 GTI

I’m going to bet AMG a45 / cla45

This is mine the day after i bought it…

I have the carbon package, side skirts, mirrors, spoiler, diffuser etc which gives it a sportier look. As well as the race steering wheel (rev lights on it).
If the newer 135i are the same N55 Engine as the M235i, i’ll sort you out with a DP and JB4, that’ll get your mum to the shops a bit quicker! :slight_smile:

Right, Ben really sorry to have hijacked this thread…back to the R300! :mrgreen:

Good luck in the rally Graham and great if you could make it to the noisy day.

Any of you who have met my missus would agree that ‘accommodating’ is probably not the word that springs to mind :laughing: She does leave me alone when it comes to cars though based on her fundamental disinterest in anything automotive. She’ll probably never even see the R300 anyway so its kinda outside of her sphere of awareness :wink:

Exiges.com is built on thread drift so no problem Chris,…I reckon you’ve stayed BMW, is it a 1M?

I would have a 1M in a heartbeat.
I followed Gareth Lloyd (pro driver) around croft whilst he was in his own 1M and in the right hands thats a proper car.
But no :smiley:

Ben, are you storing your car with Bookatrack?
if so, do they offer mechanical services too?

Yes a few of us do; me, ChrisB, AndyD, DaveP. Jonny does offer mechanical services with a bias towards Caterham’s since they have a fleet of them to maintain. Works well for me and their expertise/parts with the R300 is part of what I hope will make running one with them looking after/storing it pretty frictionless.

Give Jonny a call I’m sure he’d be more than happy to discuss your requirements :smiley:

I’d love to turn up in a Subaru with a 4" jap slash exhaust and ask Johnny if he’d look after it :smiley:

There’s a lot to be said for just turning up and driving especially if there’s a bunch of you, throw in on site mechanical assistance, job done.
I have a enclosed trailer so can take pretty much everything with me but when you add up insurance, service, the odd reversing incident :blush: and the hassle of storage, sounds like a no brainer!

Tempting! :mrgreen:

This… arrive 'n drive baby :smiley: I’m thinking more like an event a month and see how it goes for 12months.

Have you bought the one advertised on PH, currently stored at Donny, Sadev etc?..

No its not that one bud, it came up after I’d already committed - it does have similar provenance though.

I nearly bought this one :

The market is pretty slow mid-season so I’m sure there’s deals to be done. They are proper quick little cars in the dry and proper hoon machines in the wet :sunglasses:

You tempted then Chris :smiley:

anything with wheels and an engine tempts me!

Just been looking at the one you linked to :slight_smile:

I know very little about them but my initial response/thought process is to compare a track R300 v road going R500, and then debate the pro’s and cons of both?

Yeah I went through a similar process. I figured that if the main usage is arrive/drive fun on circuit then the starting point of what essentially is a racecar is the best option. Full cage, diff, brake-bias, 6pt harness etc etc,…its a racecar. Putting the Sadev in is just the icing in the cake,…don’t think I need to sell you on sequentials eh :smiley:

If you are thinking about it you should look at renting a BatCat off of Jonny and see how you get on with it eh…

An R300 is a quick car on circuit you don’t feel like you need more power. The thing with a 7 is that you have to work at it, it dances around and rewards commitment. I know I’m gonna be slow but I’m really going to enjoy trying to get my head around it. Also in the Lotus, I do 20mins and everything is getting hot (including me) and I come in. Whenever I get in an R300 you just want to run it dry and the car feels like it wants you to. Last time I hired one I came in when I couldn’t feel my legs anymore and my arms felts like they were gonna fall off. It took me a few minutes just to summon the energy to unbelt and clamber out!

I get it :smiley:
Will be at Donny next Friday, Bat 9 :mrgreen: