Another itch..

About 12months ago, me, DaveP, Muu and Jonnyfox shared a BAT R300 for a very wet evening at Donny - I think we all contracted ‘the itch’ that night!! I’ve had a bit more seat time since then culminating in a session in Dave’s machine at Spa. It was therefore pretty much inevitable that I ended up wanting one soooo bad that I’ve given in.

The event at Donny on the 4th Sept should thus be a shakedown for my very own R300 :sunglasses: Almost identical to DaveP’s - a full-fat R300 with Sadev. I can’t wait, it’s gonna be a whole heap of fun :smiley:

Keeping the Exige (obviously) but the R300 will take over primary track duties and I plan to use it as much as I can.

Woohoo :smiley:

Well done Benja enjoy :stuck_out_tongue: still not as good as an Exige though :wink:

I cant believe it. :astonished:

How can you desert the windscreen & wiper, heater, doors,reliability?! and serene silence of your beloved Exige…to say nothing of its character. :sunglasses: .
But I do understand the need to reduce the pressure on the old girls who are getting on a bit now. :neutral_face:
Do it now Ben . :clap:
Well done :smiling_imp:
Trailer next?

Reliability of the exige…! :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice buy Ben, but when will you drive the lotus now?!

OH!!! I’m sooooooooo jealous!!! Well done Ben.

Pictures please

The R300 is track only, its not road legal. It will live at Donington with BAT and be looked after by them too. For its intended use the R300 has lots of benefits for me as well as being enormous fun to drive on circuit. Ultimately its a racecar that I’m using for track days, its a much simpler machine than my Lotus and its looked after by BAT so I’m hoping for more reliability. The Lotus has not had a good year on this front which has no doubt influenced my decision. Anyways given I want to ramp up the time I get out on circuit and move my driving on a bit, it looks to be a good solution.

The Exige will get fixed and have a bling-up a bit and I’ll keep it at home. Both me and my middle boy have missed having the Exige here so it will be great to have it home. I’ll still use it on circuit occasionally like the Exiges event and local trackdays at Bedford etc and sometimes I’ll have the luxury of having access to both on a trackday :sunglasses:

There will be pictures soon Jonny,…I was gonna go black/white like a kinda badger2 but I’ve gone blue instead…very very blue :sunglasses:

Brilliant, Ben. You’re a lucky lad. I enjoyed my session in the Cat at Anglesey. Couldn’t believe how quick it was. Way outside my capabilities. But so glad you’re able to keep the blinged-up Badger

Same reason I’m looking to buy one soon Ben, jump in drive off fun at TDs.

Yes they’re great little cars and very different to Exiges. I’m looking forwards to trying to get my head around it. Having two stupid track-biased cars makes me a very lucky boy I know. I don’t think I could ever part with my Exige, I love that car.

Exactly that bud. If you get one too then me, you and DaveP are gonna have some proper fun around Donny :sunglasses:

Fantastic Ben, look forward to seeing it, the freedom a track biased gives you is awesome!
i too have a new toy, going the other way for me though, road/track, will bring to donny on the 6th as a reserve :wink:

Enjoy!!

Haha yes, its Dave you want to watch out for,…he’s an absolute demon around Donny in that R300. Yeah full cage, sequential, aeroscreen its a proper visceral little racecar freed from any road compromises.

So what you got,…come on you can’t make us wait until the 6th. Is it another Lotus?

Sounds epic! have looked at them many, many times on PH/Autotrader but never jumped in, definitely a bucket list car!
Dave sounds too fast to me, don’t forget i’ll only have a old k20 still in my car err…and i’ll be testing etc lol

Not a lotus :wink:

Yes contracting the itch is easy and for many of us it seems exposure on circuit can prove terminal :laughing:

So it’s not a Lotus, g’is a nationality at least…

anyway, more importantly… some pics of the R300??

Pics are coming…

Hmmmm German. I have two thoughts :

• I saw you driving a tasty BMW so perhaps a new M3?
  • Perhaps you’ve been lucky enough to get into a Cayman GT4?

AMG road runaround?

One of you is along the right lines, will leave at that :mrgreen:

M235i was bumped into whilst Mrs was driving, has just been repaired and will be up for sale next week, shame as i had it decatted and JB4 installed (Map 2 for those who know) and it was quick, lacked the LSD that the M2 will get but from 60-100 it was epic, proper twin turbo grunt.

nice one Ben.

:smiley: