Anglesey Today

Another cracking day - weather was really kind to the track (ie 99% sunshine, with very occasional light showers) even though the distant Snowdonia mountains looked spectactular, with their covering of snow

Good turnout, including “Splitpin” who made the trek up from High Wycombe for his first trip to Anglesey - I’m sure he enjoyed himself, & acquainted himself with a number of regular posters here.

Lotus provided one of their drivers (didn’t catch his name, nor had I seen him before), in an Exige S. Nice car, but in my opinion, not what an existing Exige owner (S1 or S2) would aspire to. A 240 Cup or R, would certainly appeal more to the aforementioned

However, the highlight of the day was undoubtedly EvoSal’s car, which he drove for the first time today after having a Rotrex supercharger installed. Fabulous looking car, top class engineering install, & its performance is breathtaking from the reported 360bhp it produces! It obviously suits EvoSal’s driving style very well, because he absolutely annihilated everything else on track, & didn’t spin once The car sounds fantastic, although probably a little too loud for some circuits, & spits out some impressive flames both on the upchange & downchange. Watching it charge down the pit straight, was a sight to behold - totally planted on the tarmac & a terrific turn of speed.

Then, this afternoon, totally out of the blue, EvoSal first chucked me the keys, then did the same to Russ Bloomin eck, it really is fabulously fast, whilst at the same time, a pleasure to drive. From a momentary glance down at the speedo towards the end of the pit stright, it was reading around 115mph - some 10mph faster than i see in my own car. EvoSal’s car now holds joint top place in my personally driven “all time favourite cars” - Russ’s Gallardo is the other car, by the way. Sincere thanks to EvoSal for trusting me with his pride & joy

No doubt Russ will add his racing driver’s comments in due course

Finally, extra special thanks must go to “Mr Jonty”, without whom, the trackday just would not have happened! For some unknown reason, the doctor scheduled to be in attendance for the day, didn’t show up, nor could he be contacted either Fortunately, Mr Jonty volunteered to fulfill the necessary role, & literally save the day, although it meant his own tracktime was somewhat curtailed - top man, & sincere thanks from everyone there today

Another cracking day - the distant Snowdonia mountains looked spectactular, with their covering of snow

Any Polar bears?

Nice write up Pesky.

Glad you had a great day, sorry I missed it. The trip through Snowdonia to that fun little track is seriously worth the effort.

Right, now down to business, I want to know more about EVOSAL’s car. Come on Russ! Has anybody driven a Jackson and Rotrex SCed Honda S1 yet? IS it a std K20 with the Rotrex, or has something else been done to give T H R E E H U N D R E D & S I X T Y B H P?! How long is it expected to last?

Pesky, do you think the S felt tame because you’d driven something mind blowing? I kinda thought the S would just replace sales of the std S2.

Ian

Any Polar bears?

Ding! Some bugger told me they were “big sheep”

Pesky, do you think the S felt tame because you’d driven something mind blowing? I kinda thought the S would just replace sales of the std S2.

Ian

I didn’t drive or passenger in the S - see thread in “S2” Section

IS it a std K20 with the Rotrex, or has something else been done to give T H R E E H U N D R E D & S I X T Y B H P?! How long is it expected to last?

is that a real 360bhp - I thought Mr P said it was only 10mph faster down the straight. Given its not the longest straight in the world but I would have thought 360 over 190 would give a bigger speed differential?

Ian

I didn’t drive or passenger in the S - see thread in “S2” Section

Cheers, have done thanks.

Ian

Steve

I can’t comment about the 360bhp, but it’s fecking fast!

In all fairness, my entry speed from the complex onto the pit straight was quicker in my car, than when I was driving EvoSal’s - I only drove his for 5 or 6 laps, & there was no way I was going to chuck it around corners like I do my own! Also, one only gets a millisecond to glance at the speedo going down the straight, before you’re setting the car up to negotiate the very fast “School Corner”. Accordingly, the 10 mph differential should only be taken as a guide, not an accurate figure!

Ditto from me - thanks Chris, it is really, really quick and handles well with great traction. I expected to be wheelspinning everywhere but it was a dream to drive. The engineering on the conversion was top notch as well, it all looked up to scratch. I just fear for Chris’ drivetrain, it is going to need uprated driveshafts, uj’s etc., the torque is going to bugger them up sooner rather than later I suspect. I want one!

As far as a comparison to Christians car, which I passengered in at Brands last year (thanks Quo), it is difficult to compare when the time has passed and obviously it is different when driving the thing yourself. All I can say is the delivery felt very similar, i.e. just like a big n/a engine, but the best thing to do would be to queue up for a pax in Chris’s car at Donny.

All in all, a big thumbs up from me.

there was no way I was going to chuck it around corners like I do my own!

A very fair point, sounds like you were both very impressed nevertheless and the fact that another variant is now available (I maybe jumping the gun there - but assume that this is not a one off?) is commendable.

I maybe jumping the gun there - but assume that this is not a one off?

Correct, Chris’s car is the first Exige/Elise to have the Rotrex s/c fitted to the Honda engine. Should perhaps mention that his boot space is now filled by a very impressive looking intercooler (perhaps charge cooler?). Sorry, not got any photos, but perhaps Chris will oblige?

Rob happy to oblige with a few pics, [image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/Evosal/exigesc011.jpg[/image] [image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/Evosal/exigesc014.jpg[/image] [image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/Evosal/exigesc012.jpg[/image] [image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/Evosal/exigesc010.jpg[/image]

Ta Chris

And I thought elephants were a protected species

Bloody hell - what does what there?

Finally, extra special thanks must go to “Mr Jonty”, without whom, the trackday just would not have happened! For some unknown reason, the doctor scheduled to be in attendance for the day, didn’t show up, nor could he be contacted either Fortunately, Mr Jonty volunteered to fulfill the necessary role, & literally save the day, although it meant his own tracktime was somewhat curtailed - top man, & sincere thanks from everyone there today

Seconded!!! Top bloke for doing that, as a result everyone had a great time. We all owe him a pint or ten.

Tim.

Looks like excellent use of space and using all three air scoops. Very nice!

I’m surprised it doesn’t hoover up small children / dogs.

Very, very impressive though…

It sucked peskys burberry scarf off as i went down the pit straight

That engine bay looks lovely (unless you want to carry luggage that is ).

Chris, did the same people that fitted the Honda do the Rotex?

I like the colour coding of the coolant, nice touch!

Is fitting the Rotex really all you’ve done for 360bhp?

Ian

That looks very nice!! I will deffo be having a closer look at Donny!!! I love mad stuff like that.

Yeah Chris, what has been done internally to the engine? what boost pressure does it run? What compression ratio does it have? Do you have a Direct Debit with Yokohama for rear tyres???