Anglesey Today

Its running with standard internals, Martin and Steve Edwards did the initial honda install and then tts performance have done the supercharger.
They reckon if i change the exhaust they can get 400 bhp but im going to leave it as it is for now, tts have a honda civic type r with 350bhp which has covered 12000mls (including drag racing) which has had no problems up to date

…tts have a honda civic type r with 350bhp which has covered 12000mls (including drag racing) which has had no problems up to date

Other than controlling the beast! That power through the front wheels!

I hope you don’t mind all the questions, but here’s another couple:

How loud is it?
Is temperature a problem?

Ian

Temperature appears fine, tts wanted me to put a motorsport cover on to aid cooling but i wanted to keep it looking pretty standard, It is quite noisy in the cabin with air intake noise. Im not sure about outside, at anglesey someone had a noise meter and reckoned it was 102db going down the straight.

Temperature appears fine, tts wanted me to put a motorsport cover on to aid cooling but i wanted to keep it looking pretty standard, It is quite noisy in the cabin with air intake noise. Im not sure about outside, at anglesey someone had a noise meter and reckoned it was 102db going down the straight.

Listening to you going by either from the driver seat in my car, or from the pit wall yours sounded like a Tornado jet with the afterburners lit

Plus all the flames out the back made it look really authentic. Awesome.

Tim.

PS last April at Anglesey someone brought a very highly tuned Skyline…your Exige reminded me of that, with you seemingly quicker

Nice. Have to agree on the colour coded coolant

I was however (after talking to Steve & Martin E) under the impression that the engine internals needed upgrading if you wanted to run over 300bhp.

Im not sure about outside, at Anglesey someone had a noise meter and reckoned it was 102db going down the straight.

Chris
I was that man!! Yes it consistantly showed 102 dB(A) with it hitting 103 dB(A) once. This was with the noise meter stationary pointing at the rear of the car as it passed. Sounded the dogs testies I have to say.
Never got chance for a pax lap or two with you, you seemed to have a queue! Maybe I can catch you at Donington and we can see what it hits inside the cabin. My S2 with Pipercross VIS and Blueflame exhaust shows 110 dB(A) @8200 rpm inside the cabin, thats fekin loud might I add!!!
John

EvoSal

simply stunning… dogzbolloxs and from th epics the installation looks top notch… will need a closer look at donny, but I hope its not catching…

This is keeping me awake at night now!

What you getting to the gallon? (he says trying to find something to put himself off the wunderlust)

Ian

What you getting to the gallon? (he says trying to find something to put himself off the wunderlust)

Ian

You really are clutching at straws

It looks awsome.:slight_smile:)… Somone plsss tell me its a lot more expensive then the “ordinary” sc + honda…

The supercharger installation cost �3800 in total

Hi Ian

I was warned when i had the conversion done that fuel consumption would increase, unfortunately i have not really done enough miles in it yet to monitor it.
All i can really compare it to is on the run to anglesey (approx 100mls) i was followed down by a mate of mine in my old exige 190, we both filled the tanks on setting off and both brimmed the tanks again near the track. I had used �18 he had used �14

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/Evosal/exigesc014.jpg[/image]

A few questions, hope you will indulge me with answers, as I will not be able to see it for myself at Donington:

• have you had to cut the numberplate area out for the cooling of the oil charge coolers?

• are there fans pulling or pushing air to the coolers or does the ram effect from the side vents suffice?

• what sort of temps are you seeing in the charger oil and air?

• was there no room top mount the charge cooler horizontally as they have done on the car on their website?

Hi Ian

I was warned when i had the conversion done that fuel consumption would increase, unfortunately i have not really done enough miles in it yet to monitor it.
All i can really compare it to is on the run to anglesey (approx 100mls) i was followed down by a mate of mine in my old exige 190, we both filled the tanks on setting off and both brimmed the tanks again near the track. I had used �18 he had used �14

Thanks Chris. A 22% reduction, that’s probably about mid-20s per gallon on the road (who cares on track). Pants, that hasn’t put me off (how my going to sleep tonight now I know, I’ll e-mail the wife and see if that puts a stop to it).

My 190 K gives a range of about 220 per tank, what would you guess yours is for a tank?

Ian

Steve
Yes the numberplate and the side intake areas have been cut away, there are no fans it is just relying on the ram effect.
Im not sure about temps for the oil and air ??
The intercooler was mounted in the boot space because on top of the engine there is too much heatsoak to get it really cool.
When fitted to a civic there is very limited space anywhere else for the intercooler.

where are the photo’s

I only have one pic of the side intakes at the moment

[image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/Evosal/exigesc001.jpg[/image]

Are there any filters on those intakes?

Im not sure about temps for the oil and air ??

I only asked after browsing the Rotrex website - it mentions maintaining an inlet oil temp of below 80 degress C and I thought I read somewhere about how air volumes decrease by x with so many degress C above ambient.

Steve

You may as well be talking in Japanese to me about all this im a technical numptie give richard at TTS-performance a ring he knows the car inside out and has been supercharging everything from harley davidsons to jetskis for years, he really knows his stuff