Anglesey 2012 Reports and Vids

Ben, just watched your vid and it’s the best bit of trackday action I’ve seen. I normally get fed up after a few corners but I was riveted. Very impressed by the revs and speed. It felt just like watching me in my car except I’m a great deal slower. I reckon SeanB was really holding you up there despite your claims of a lack of pull and the tussle with IDG was very entertaining.

Not much of a tussle, I asked him to chase me for entertainment value and ducked out the way when I felt I’d wasted enough of his fuel. :slight_smile:

I agree, I was deffo holding Ben up, his car is still quicker than mine, even though it isnt fully healthy. Ben and I have on track tussle history, so he was just repaying the favour. I moved over in the end as my passenger (Christian’s better half Zoe) screamed that she couldn’t take any more :slight_smile:

Thanks Thommo, I was really having fun and I think it comes out in the vid :sunglasses:

Sean’s right, even thought my car is not 100% at the moment, its still quicker than his,…and Ian’s and Phil’s for that matter. Anyways, I’d imagine as much fun was had trying to lose me as I was having trying to keep up. Plus I know next time we’re out any one of those three could be filling my mirrors pushing me around,…I need to find my escaped ponies :smiley:

You could have worded that a bit more sensitively fella :wink:

No, I think my wording was spot on. :wink: hahaha

Having no roof on an Exige can be a real embarrassment for some people :confused:

PMSL @ Tim :smiley:

[quote=Benja] Ok so here’s a short vid with some footage of me having fun with Sean, Ian and Phil.

Sorry it’s only in SD as I only had an old version of iMovie.

My car is clearly down on power but it clearly did not stop me having fun :sunglasses:

I’ve probably got less power than you at the moment Sean, in fact I’m surprised I even managed to get it up the hill into Rocket it’s so sick :wink:

Anglesey Vid Clicky [/quote]

Good footage, I enjoyed that :sunglasses:

[quote=DaveP]
Was thinking about this yesterday Ben, daft question but have you checked oil level? Low oil could be stopping vtec kicking in… Worth a quick check. [/quote]

Checked oil and it’s above the second notch by a touch - probably by about 0.5L minus a smidge commensurate with the two trackdays I’ve done since it was changed. So it’s not that…

I reckon it’s air filter or a sensor…

Talking of oil - I had some in my bag. I dumped my stuff on the bed at the hotel on Fri night and when I got back from the bar I picked up my bag and there was a nice big yellow stain on the bed and a bag full of Mobil1 :crazy:

Bag in the bin and a bed that looked like someone had pissed themselves, doh :blush:

Not sure what’s worse…the maid thinking your pissed yourself or then discovering it was some oil-based lubricant… :smiley:

Is your car chargecooled mate ? - doesn’t sound to be much of a supercharger whine on that video ?

Haha, I know but I figured they’d probably seen much worse,…errr,…heavy soiling :sick:

Nope its not CC although I was thinking about it. I think the dynamic range of the internal mic on the camera is pretty limited so the high-pitch SC whine just comes out as white noise.
I

Could it be you not getting boost ? - is the belt slipping or a bit loose ? Bypass valve sticking ?

[quote=Benja]]the high-pitch SC whine just comes out as white grey noise.
I [/quote]

EFA :smiley:

I’ll be honest lads, I’m a total numpty and as soon as its beyond the realms of ‘totally bloody obvious’ I rely on the professionals.

From the drivers seat it does not feel like no boost as low down it feels normal, or at least I think it does (I don’t get in it so often alas). Other than missing that top end sparkle it feels fine…hmmmm.

[quote=Mr Pesky][quote=Benja]]the high-pitch SC whine just comes out as white grey noise.
I [/quote]

EFA :smiley: [/quote]

Ha bloody ha :angry:

My better half!! how very dare you!!
Im sorry but driving an exige without a roof on, well, you might as well see if lotus do a haridressers pack on the options list.
Also if I remember rightly sean you seem unable to buy a t-shirt in the right size…

Just made it home. 1250 miles in the Exige since Thursday morning. Brain completely fried, I’ll post some proper comments tomorrow.

I’m sure my dreams will be accompanied by the noise of a straight cut gearbox :frowning:

He’d already been, did you see the mohican?! :wink:

\

Or overalls I am suspecting. Sean, do they fit?

:slight_smile:

Good effort! In a 340bhp Exige which made it that far including a trackday. Colin would be proud.

Cheers, Ian :slight_smile: