Anglesey 2012 Reports and Vids

Link to a few pics taken by Mike Davies of Norlog http://www.flickr.com/photos/tazbabeslotus/sets/72157629406770542/with/7058073465/

Ok so here’s a short vid with some footage of me having fun with Sean, Ian and Phil.

Sorry it’s only in SD as I only had an old version of iMovie.

My car is clearly down on power but it clearly did not stop me having fun :sunglasses:

I’ve probably got less power than you at the moment Sean, in fact I’m surprised I even managed to get it up the hill into Rocket it’s so sick :wink:

Anglesey Vid Clicky

Was thinking about this yesterday Ben, daft question but have you checked oil level? Low oil could be stopping vtec kicking in… Worth a quick check.

I mentioned oil pressure but the gauge says it’s okay. Is that not what the low level causes?

Ian :slight_smile:

Great driving Ben - very smooth, & all under control :sunglasses:

I think a gauge might still show ok pressure in terms of the engine, but that might not be high enough for vtec to work…

I think the recommendation is 1/2 litre over the ‘full’ mark on the dipstick

A nice write up on the Bookatrack website: http://bookatrack.com/-p1blog?44

That goes really well Ben it has got the be the quickest na Honda I have seen. I didnt realise quite how much I was holding you up! :blush:

I need to do some work on mine to improve the handling with a passenger in. I am not sure if its to do with the relatively light spring rates and the amount of body roll I am getting.

Phil

Phil

Roll is due to ship’s anchor you call an engine :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Lol, that’s the problem Phil it’s actually charged!!!

You were barely holding me up and it was good fun following you, quite a bit of body roll though as you say. Can’t wait to see the 2.0 in it :sunglasses:

I did check oil level guys but I’ll check again.

And thanks Rob, I’ve been working on being smooth and progressive.

:smiley:

oops :blush:

I was thinking it must be a bit healthy! :sunglasses:

Pesky I must admit that engine is actually heavier than 4.2 40v v8 I have in my garage!

My 2p
Good points:-

1. The whole idea of a Con memorial day
  2. The weather
  3. The Llangefni crowd
  4. Grellow performing well
  5. Grellow 2 - the rival
  6. good driving standards
  7. Glad i was on A039’s for the trip home

Less good points:-

1. Missed catching up with a few of the regulars
  2. The pit exit marshall who thought it a good idea to let people out with cars coming down the straight at 90-100mph
  3. As i get older, everyone else gets faster…
  4. Maybe the last time for Grellow…

:slight_smile:

Anglesey 2012 � Some one-line memories
Amazing response to Con T-shirts and �400 for charity
Nice drive up, the long way, through Wales
Seeing the re-liveried gravymobile for the first time
Meeting lots of old friends � especially Russ � great to see you mate!
Supper for Twelve at O�Sullivan�s
Talking about Con at signing on � feeling the warmth
Fun with the camera during a day of typically brilliant Exiges on-track activity 122 PHOTOS HERE [color:#FF0000]THIS LINK IS NOW DEAD AS I HAVE TAKEN THE PHOTOS DOWN - IF YOU MISSED OUT AND WANT A PARTICULAR PHOTO, PM ME[/color]
Missing chassis #447
Supper for 30 with Con�s family
A day relaxing away from the circuit
The Thai meal of laughter (for all the wrong reasons! � one for the repertoire)
The final breakfast and farewell to friends
Re-discovering that the A5 can be fun (on the way home)

Ben’s car does look a little down, it’s deffo quicker than mine with a quick motorway drag race but not that much.

Some nice pictures there and good weather.Wish i could have made it.

Is that strange wooshing noise normal when it should be on Cam? It is drowning out the noise of the SC, maybe an air leak?

Great photos Mike :sunglasses:

Super pics Mike :slight_smile: