Air intake Sorted!

Mark & Andy

Thanks a million for answers.

Andy
I didn’t realise part of the breather pipework led to the canister… but it makes sense. I guess removing all that shite will actually improve the MOT exhaust emmisions by a reasonable margin? so long as they dont check that youve removed it all there will be no worries. I doubt many test stations will even know enough to challenge you anyway …

I’ll have a look at your extra pics - shouldve done so before posting incase i have more dumb questions…

Rox

1. I’ve uploaded another picture of my patented bodge with some stst cap screws and silicon pipe

Ahhh… fiendishly clever… I never thought about leaving a piece of pipe connected and plugging the end of it…

I was trying to figure ways of blocking the inlet tracts without any pipework… stoopid…

your a star…

I didn’t realise part of the breather pipework led to the canister… but it makes sense. I guess removing all that shite will actually improve the MOT exhaust emmisions by a reasonable margin?

Funnily enough, I’ve just had my car MOTd and they said the breather kit made it slightly harder to get the car through the emmissions test. Don’t ask me why

Funnily enough, I’ve just had my car MOTd and they said the breather kit made it slightly harder to get the car through the emmissions test. Don’t ask me why

Thats because the ECU was set up using the emmission control equipment still in place, any changes will have a slight effect.

So do they just block the pipe for the test then?

Ian

Rox - if you can get the spigot out the inlet manifold easy ( i guess they are pressed in then you can use some small aluninium plugs - I was just lazy …

Just looped mine together with a bit of piping but i’ve got the Jenveys now which also has them - good job too as we need some vacuum for the interior air flaps to work !

Andy

Where would you get ali plugs to fit ? would they be friction fitted, screwed or would you use some kind of cement?

IDG
what do you mean do they block the pipe??

IDG what do you mean do they block the pipe??

My thought was that if the breather kit made the emission worse then if they pitched the breathing closed it may help with the emission test. Little science there admittedly!

Ian

ahhh

I don’t think they’d do that - they would simply tell you the reading and pass or fail - anything else would be up to you to sort. But i don’t think you’d pinch it closed anyway, what you would do (if this was what made the defference) would be to vent to atmosphere instead of back into the airbox/inlet tract. yeah ??

Rox

I beleive Lotus sell them - at a price - and I guess they are just a good tight push fit ( some loctite would help )

Iwas thinking of turning them up on the lathe from some ali cap screws

Cheers ANdy

yer shome mahn…