Air intake grills

Any one taken the roof scoop grill out?? How??

Swapping the grills over to a wider mesh. The old ones are a bit tatty, but prefer the Evora style wider mesh (look and air flow). Bought a nice black powder coated ali mesh.
Any bright ideas on getting the old sikaflex type stuff off. I’ve just cut through the first side scoop glue but it’s a shitty job. I don’t think heat would be safe.
Happy days.

PS Don’t turn this into a SELOC bun fight on poor gear changing

Thanks for all the replies, although to be fair it was a crap question as the screws came out with a bit of cunning.
There’s not much mileage in changing the front grill, it may as well be left out if I was that anal about air flow.
The side grills have been sorted a treat.
Pics below of old and new and fitted.
Made some wooden moulds to bang the new grill around.
Personally I think they look better, but unquestionably will let more air through… but no weasels.

They look great!

Nice work …
Very meticulous!
Now get a day job. :slight_smile:

I now want to copy those, I really don’t like the lack of grill in my carbon ones, where did you get the grill material from?

Like those weasel stoppers. Been thinking along those lines for a while. As above where did you source the grill sheets? Also I agree they look better as well as sure to work better

They look much better, will def be copying them so do tell were did you get that mesh?

Rick

The grill is this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330338035249?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I suggest you club together if you are nearby as these sheets are huge and would do several grills.
If you want to borrow the moulds I’ll send them on, U2U me

Black sikaflex from uksealants (�8.50 plus vat and P+P)

wow look what else they sell too!
http://www.bestautobits.com/car-exterior-15-matt-black-pink-wheel-trims-hub-caps/

Hey 661 do you still have the wooden templates?
I’d like to borrow them if you do

PM sent

PM replied

Cheers 661, hope mine turn out as good as yours

How much to make me a set :smiley: I don’t trust myself to do this properly :confused:

Lets see how I get on.
I’ve ordered the mesh and by the time I’ve perfected it there should still be some left. I’ll let you know. Won’t be cheap tho :slight_smile:

are you talking about the quality of your work or the price? :stuck_out_tongue:

Quality will have to be good or it ain’t goin on the Exige

Very nice!!

They look much better. Need to get mine sorted as think its more rust than paint. Plus with the exige going into the body shop next month, to get smartened up I need to do this.
Can I just ask if you can look at this item number from eBay and see if its the same mesh that you used. Item number is 121015622216.
Once again looks very nice and clean.

[quote=James N]They look much better. Need to get mine sorted as think its more rust than paint. Plus with the exige going into the body shop next month, to get smartened up I need to do this.
Can I just ask if you can look at this item number from eBay and see if its the same mesh that you used. Item number is 121015622216.
Once again looks very nice and clean.[/quote]
My mesh should be here in the next day or so and I recon I’ll have quite a bit over.
So PM me your address and I’ll send you a piece big enough for two grills. :slight_smile: