Adjustable ARB

Part of the set up and recommendations from Plans was that I change the setting depending apon the conditions. I will have a play and report the effects

have to say I have never seen anyone in a Lotus change an arb setting on a trackday

I was at the factory yesterday for the first service. Whilst there I managed to get (from Motorsport) some recomended settings for the dampers and anti roll bar, for a few of the UK race tracks, these are benchmark settings only but a good place to start.
They certainly do change the ARB setting.

Simon

I was at the factory yesterday for the first service. Whilst there I managed to get (from Motorsport) some recomended settings for the dampers and anti roll bar, for a few of the UK race tracks, these are benchmark settings only but a good place to start.
They certainly do change the ARB setting.

Simon

Do you have that info in a format that you could share with us?

Not yet, but I’ll see what I can do tonight. Usual disclaimers will apply. They�ve not issued them formally due to ‘legal issues’ (read scum sucking lawyers). I’ve not tested them yet, and they are intended as a benchmark from which to work to suit your own driving style. I think there were about 5 or 6 UK tracks.

I will put some adjusted settings based on my own experience later in the year.

They certainly do change the ARB setting

Simon - I would probably as well - if it was my day job

OK. File hosting is well beyond my abilities, can anyone help? Excel file - 23KB…

Steve, have sent you an email with the settings.
evo_ufo, Your email address isn’t in your profile, if you let me have it I’ll forward to you also.

Simon

I can have a go at hosting the file.
Sent you a PM with my email address

File now available at

Settings.xls

File now available at

Settings.xls >

Thanks

Interesting - for all uses, “Benchmark” ARB setting is P3 out of possible P5 ie middle!

Interesting - for all uses, “Benchmark” ARB setting is P3 out of possible P5 ie middle!

Feck…Sent the wrong file. Will, I forward the other shortly when I’ve worked out what I’ve done with it. Sorry all

can’t quite understand that s/sheet - all the circuit settings are identical and match the race setrtings for the Cup 240 but don’t state which car they refer to?

Looks like the Cup 240 front dampers are never adjusted?

Why such a big difference between the damper settings between the Cup 240 and the Cup? Are the dampers different?

60 different settings for rebound!!!

Feck…Sent the wrong file. Will, I forward the other shortly when I’ve worked out what I’ve done with it. Sorry all

I’ve updated it now.

Settings

can’t quite understand that s/sheet - all the circuit settings are identical and match the race setrtings for the Cup 240 but don’t state which car they refer to?

Why such a big difference between the damper settings between the Cup 240 and the Cup? Are the dampers different?

Yes 60 different settings for robound (60 clicks). A revised sheet has been sent to Will for re hosting. the benchmark figures will be for the cup 240 car as that is what mine is and what we were discussing. Remember these were not intended for publication by Lotus, but are as a result of my enquiries at Lotus Sport.

From what I’ve been able to find out over the last weeks it seems that the supercharged car runs at a different ride height.

120mm vs 130mm without the supercharger.

Also have to take into account the additional weight, and changed weight distribution, of the Supercharged car.

As far as I know the dampers are the same part number, same spring rates etc.

What are the spring rates all these settings are based upon?

OK the revised s/sheet makes more sense now - interesting stuff thanks for sharing.

Those setting look a bit tight for Spa when compared to the other circuits.

Front 325 lbs/in
Rear 425 lbs/in

Front 325 lbs/in
Rear 425 lbs/in

Yep.

Ride heights are 120mm for the Cup 240 & 130mm for the standard Cup car.

Thanks to Will for hosting the file, and correcting my error…