Adjustable ARB

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has opinions on the best place to get an adjustable ARB for my S2 Exige. I see that Elise Parts do a few different types, and Plans also have one for sale. I’ve no idea on the relative merits.

Cheers
Will

You’ve already got one!

Believe the standard ARB is not adjustable or is less adjustable than eg Plans ARB that has 5 holes each side

Maybe the S2, the S1 has already the 5 holes each side (or was it 3 last time I saw)

Unfortunately the S2 only has the one hole either side.

[image]http://img.ebigchina.com/cdimg/321693/1212481/0/1107510440.jpg[/image]

[image]> http://img.ebigchina.com/cdimg/321693/1212481/0/1107510440.jpg> [/image]

I had that thought as I walked back from the garage, after checking the ARB earlier. Didn’t have the amusing picture though.

Maybe the S2, the S1 has already the 5 holes each side (or was it 3 last time I saw)

5 last time I looked

Unfortunately the S2 only has the one hole either side.

…and have you tried both of these holes?

My 240 and the CUP cars have ARB with 5 holes per side… Have you asked Lotus Sport how much they want for one???

The 240R and cup cars have an upgraded ARB

Spoke to Lotus Sport today. Seems the adjustable rollbar is actually a standard part, available through main dealers, so they didn’t have any specific information on it.
More calls to make tomorrow.

so why do you want to move away from what you already have?

He has just got the 240R Ohlins and wants the full kit.

I’m not convinced I do. I’m just about to get some Ohlins fitted, (thanks Junks) and the Lotus Sport setup info suggests using the adjustable bar in the centre position. I’m trying to find out if that’s equivalent to the standard bar, or if its stiffer.

If there is a difference I think I’ll just go ahead and get the Lotus bar.

Part of the set up and recommendations from Plans was that I change the setting depending apon the conditions. I will have a play and report the effects

Part of the set up and recommendations from Plans was that I change the setting depending apon the conditions. I will have a play and report the effects

have to say I have never seen anyone in a Lotus change an arb setting on a trackday

have to say I have never seen anyone in a Lotus change an arb setting on a trackday

Agreed! The biggest affect on handling on trackdays is tyre pressure. Keep the ARB on the middle setting, & play around with tyre pressures & damper settings - at the end of the day, it’s all about how best the car “feels” to you, cos timing is not an issue. However, once you start racing & doing test days, things may be different

Above assumes springs/dampers are not knackered of course!

but on the other hand I have seen people turn up with very professional setups - covered trailers 10’s of spares wheels and tyres, air jacks, etc - and then proceed to spend the whole day tinkering with the car in the garage never to turn a wheel on the track…

only in a Radical!

what’s that all about then!

If its a Radical its problably broken