Accommodation Available at Anglesey

Carol and I were due to be at Anglesey again this year but due to my latest round of bloody cancer and having had surgery last Wednesday which has left me with a stoma and a new 6-inch scar I’m afraid I will not now be able to make it to Anglesey. I’ve been putting off the decsion in the hope that I can see my way to being well enough but, at the moment, I just can’t see it happening.

We have a room booked at the Prince Llewellyn at Rhosneiger for Thursday and Friday night which we will not now need. If anyone would like to take it over please let me know and I’ll get them to tansfer it rather than simply cancel.

I hope you all have a great day and I’ll miss not being there for the first time in years!

Really sorry to hear the news Mike .Was looking forward to saying hello .
Hope your problem can be sorted soon
Get Wel lSoon.
Regds to you both
Clive

Hi Guys,

Firstly Mike, really sorry to hear about that… I do hope you are on the mend soon mate.

Secondly, having just arrived back in the UK 4 days ago, I too am now unable to make it and my room at the Prince Llewellyn is now also available. I have had to come to the acceptance that my days of driving fast cars and track days are unfortunately over. Pretty gutted really but that is the rich tapestry of life.

So I join Mike in wishing you all a great weekend, hope the weather is as good as in previous years. The B and B is a great place BTW, close to the circuit and excellent breakfasts!

Take care,

Cheers, Pete.

Pete
Come along anyway, it would be great to see you…

Very sorry to hear of your problem, Mike, and hope all is soon well with you. Hope we can catch up some time in the near future.

And, Pete, sorry to hear your news. Do come along for the crack!

Really gutted that two of the exiges.com statesmen won’t be present next Friday. You will both genuinely be missed guys. I’ll do a lap for you both.

Typical Exiges community spirit!

Thanks Dave… and just had a call from Ben too! :wink:

Seriously, I would love to come mate, but mentally it’s just too big a step! Yes, I am still a petrolhead and Exiger inside, but my f… body is now something else! :imp:

I went to a Lotus TD with Andy D in OZ… just felt awful and ended up not enjoying the day… Don’t want to adulterate my happy memories!

FFS. :crazy:

Cheers, Pete :slight_smile:

… and a quick pirouette for me as well mate! :laughing:

Really sorry to hear this and all the best to both of you, I will post up some pictures of the day.

Thanks, guys. I owe many great friendships to the Exige and to http://www.exiges.com. The spirit that existed on this web site in the early days of the S1 was simply magnificent and it generated a community which idolised the cars and made legends of some of the owners. Clearly much of that sprit still exists and we’re all lucky to be part of it.

Bringing the Evora to Anglesey this year has been a real incentive and I’m gutted that I simply will not be fit enough to do it. I have a record of trying to do too much too soon after surgery (14 operations in 12 years now) and Carol has been very worried that I might ignore all sensible advice and do it anyway but even I can tell that it is simply too soon. This particular op was planned and executed in about 10 days so it has had to be a late decision.

I’m sure that you will all have great fun whether Pete and I are there or not but it’s great to know that so many of you will actually miss us just a little bit.

Have a great day chaps.

Mike/Pete

I sincerely echo the thoughts of our co-exigers - you are both extremelyvalued members/contributors here, & you will both be very conspicuous by your absence this Easter.

I look forward to catching up later in the year, but in the meantime I extend my very best wishes to you both.

Sorry to hear the news from Mike and Pete. Take care fella’s - another time maybe…and soon :angel:

I’m very sorry to hear this Mike and Pete.

Wish you both excellent health and a full and speedy recovery, Mike.

Sorry to hear Mike & Pete cant make Anglesey and hope you both are on the mend and able to catch up later in the year

Really sorry to read this Mike and Pete - make speedy recoveries the pair of you and see you soon - you will be well missed on the 3rd.

Pete. Gutted ."was hoping to grab some more Quasimodo shots. :lolno:
But keep taking the tablets and dreaming Lotus. :laughing:
Hope to catch up with you one day soon. :clap:
Clive

Both of you will be missed at easter :frowning:

Speedy recovery

I can only echo the above fella’s.

Yeah bloody hell, nightmare. will miss you two.

I was on a bit of a downer as I simply don’t have a car of my own to take. Then you hear of people with Cancer and other physical ailments and it really makes you refocus your outlook on things. Life is for living and I guess you need to make the most of it while you can, as we never know what is around the corner.

Proper sad now.